Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Nuclear Medicine Technologist PRN with HCA Florida Northwest Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
HCA Florida Northwest Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Florida Northwest Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Nuclear Medicine Technol PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Nuclear Medicine Technician prepare and administer radioactive chemical compounds, known as radiopharmaceuticals. You will perform patient imaging procedures using sophisticated radiation-detecting instrumentation. You will provide images, data analysis, and patient information to the physician for diagnostic interpretation. The patient population may range from newborn to geriatric.
- Provide care appropriate to condition and age of the patient
- Prepare stock solutions of Radiopharmaceuticals and materials
- Practice aseptic/sterile technique for all procedures
- Work within the Nuc Med Tech scope of practice according to policy and procedures
- Follow all general infection control measures and those specific to the department
- Complete required documentation accurately immediately after completing each case
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- High School Graduate / GED
- Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (NMTCB), or Registered Radiographer (ARRT)
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Northwest Hospital is a 289-bed medical center. Incorporating the latest technology in healthcare drives our results. We have been granted the Gold Seal of Approval™ from the Joint Commission. This proves our commitment to high performance and level of service. We are certified by the Joint Commission as a primary stroke center. We uphold the highest standards in patient care. We also remain an accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology. We handle patients with care and urgency. We are proudly known as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence. Our accolades speak for themselves.
We continue growing to meet the needs of the community we serve. We have expanded capabilities in emergency and critical care. Our services go above and beyond. Additional growth includes women's and children's services. We hold the only Level III NICU in northern Broward County. The breadth of our service lines translates to better patient care. This means increased professional opportunities for our colleagues. Join a dynamic team of dedicated healthcare professionals. Explore your growth potential.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Nuclear Medicine Technol PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website