RN Manager Surgical Services
Surgical Svcs, Full-Time (1.0)
HCA Florida Northwest Hospital
HCA Florida Northwest Hospital is a 289-bed medical center and healthcare complex, continuously expanding and incorporating the latest technology in the delivery of care. Awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ from the Joint Commission which indicates our high standards in performance providing the highest level of services to the population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also certified by the Joint Commission as primary stroke center and an accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology. We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Our facility continues growing to meet the needs of the community we serve and features expanded capabilities in emergency, critical care, as well as women's and children's services. Out state of the art maternity care includes the only Level III NICU in northern Broward County. The breadth and depth of these service lines translates to increased professional opportunities for our colleagues. We invite you to join a dynamic team of dedicated healthcare professionals and explore your grow potential.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA Florida Northwest Hospital, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
- Helps create a superior clinical identity by operationalizing evidence-based practices to enhance patient safety and quality outcomes. Ensures adherence to standards of care.
- Supports efforts to reduce variation in clinical practice and improve efficiency, effectiveness and cost. Ensures a culture of accountability and transparency in the provision of care.
- Supports the achievement of internal/external benchmarks, accreditations and designations.
- Ensures compliance with all policies procedures and regulatory standards.
- Manages admissions and discharge processes to ensure efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Facilitates effective interdisciplinary care coordination within and across departments. Ensures staff with appropriate clinical competencies are assigned to meet patient care needs.
- Manages nursing practice and unit operations. Monitors and evaluates the provision of nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures to ensure patient and family needs are assessed and met.
- Ensures equipment maintenance is performed regularly and according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida
- or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions.
- National Nursing Certification in Specialty or Nursing Leadership
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Associate degree in Nursing - required
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing - preferred
- 1+ years of experience in healthcare
- 1+ years of experience in a leadership role
Apply on company website