Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Respiratory Equipment Tech PRN with HCA Florida Ocala Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
HCA Florida Ocala Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Florida Ocala Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Respiratory Equipment Tech PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Respiratory Equipment Tech Assistant is an equipment and inventory technician who cleans, monitors, and maintains routine respiratory care equipment throughout the hospital, including stocking medical oxygen supplies and gases.
Perform daily equipment processing of respiratory equipment: Disassemble process, clean, assemble, and test respiratory equipment according to department policies/manufacturers recommendation.
Responsible for ordering, stocking, and maintaining respiratory supplies/equipment within the Respiratory Care Department and in patient care areas, this includes rental equipment.
Assist in performing inventory of department equipment and supplies, counts supplies with accuracy.
Responsible for supporting and assisting with distribution of clean supplies and equipment.
Provides and maintains an adequate inventory of oxygen gas cylinders in department storage areas and on patient care areas.
Identify and retrieve electrical equipment due for calibration and regular preventative maintenance and delivers to Biomedical Engineering department on a scheduled or as needed basis.
Assist in maintaining a clean work area in the department: assure that all supplies are neatly stored and the work area is cleared of hazards 100% of time.
Reports to the Respiratory Care Supervisor/Manager.
* High school diploma/GED and enrolled for credit in an approved Respiratory Care education program OR graduate from an approved/accredited RT program, pending state licensure.
*Less 1 than year of hospital related experience required.
*1 – 3 years of hospital related experience preferred
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Ocala Hospital is a 288-bed facility. We are located in the heart of Ocala, Florida. Our hospital is a part of Ocala Health. We are home to Florida West Marion Hospital, HCA Florida Summerfield Emergency, HCA Florida Maricamp Emergency and HCA Florida Trailwinds Village Emergency. Our facility is a Level II Trauma Center. We are the region's only Comprehensive Stroke Center. We are committed to patient-centered care. We offer a host of quality and award-winning services. Our services include orthopedic, cardiovascular, emergency and neurological care, robotic and weight loss surgery and rehabilitation services.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Respiratory Equipment Tech PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website