Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Recreational Therapist PRN opening with HCA Florida Osceola Hospital today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.Benefits
HCA Florida Osceola Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a Recreational Therapist PRN for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!Job Summary and Qualifications
SCHEDULE: PRN / Per Diem / As Needed
The Recreational Therapist performs evaluations and provides personalized therapeutic recreational programs to restore, remediate or rehabilitate a patients physical, mental and emotional well being.
Essential functions include (but are not limited to):
- Plans and implements individual and group activities in accordance with patients' individual treatment plans to help reduce or eliminate effects of illness or disability.
- Works with patients to recover basic motor functioning and reasoning abilities, build confidence, improve socialization skills and gain a greater independence.
- Documents patient activities and progress. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of treatment and modified as necessary to improve treatment outcomes.
- Performs discharge evaluations and makes arrangements for home programs and follow-up care as needed. Helps patients access community resources and become involved in community recreational activities.
- Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Bachelors degree in therapeutic recreation or activities therapy required; Masters degree preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required within 30 days of hire
- Current CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) required within 60 days of hire
- One of the following required:
- CTRS (Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist)
- MT-BC (Music Therapist-Board Certified)
- ATR-BC (Art Therapist-Board Certified)
- BC-DMT (Board Certified Dance/Movement Therapist)
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Osceola Hospital is a 404-bed tertiary care hospital. We are accredited by the Joint Commission and are a Level II Trauma Center. We are a teaching hospital in collaboration with UCF College of Medicine. Our hospital is conveniently and centrally located in the Heart of Kissimmee. We are only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration, and Poinciana. We are committed to enhancing the standard of healthcare by providing services including Emergency Care, Trauma Care, Pediatric ER, Heart & Vascular Institute, and Comprehensive Stroke Center. Other services include The Baby Suites Maternity Care, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level II, Women's Services, Behavioral Health, Orthopedics & Spine, and a Graduate Medical Education Program. We expand our care to the community with our freestanding Emergency Department at Hunter's Creek ER.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Recreational Therapist PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website