HCA Florida Pasadena Hospital
1501 Pasadena AveSt. Petersburg, FL 33707
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Laboratory Asst with HCA Florida Pasadena Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Palms of Pasadena Hospital is a 307-bed hospital. The facility offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services along with specialty programs to the people in St. Petersburg and surrounding areas for over 40 years.
HCA Florida Pasadena Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Florida Pasadena Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Laboratory Asst to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
As a Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist, you will be responsible for:
- Specimen collection and testing requirements and understanding specimen rejection
- Collecting blood specimens through venipuncture methods and skin puncture practices on pediatric, neonatal, adults and geriatric patients
- Completing appropriate specimen collection documentation
- Following established procedures for patient identification and specimen collection based test orders
- Educating patient and/or family regarding specimen collection procedures prior to obtaining specimen
- Using our computer information system relative to job functions
- Clerical duties (i.e., faxing, phones, pneumatic tube system, reports)
- Reviewing Outstanding Specimen Report (OSR) and pending specimen collections/accessioning issues; take action as appropriate
- A completed high school diploma or GED
- A vocational/technical diploma
- A phlebotomy certificate is beneficial
- Less than 1 year of experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- Time management and customer service skills
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Integrated Regional Labs is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida, and a network of hospital basedrapid-responselaboratories present in four HCA Healthcare divisions within the state of Florida. Our core laboratories supportmore than 250acute and rehab hospitals, physician practices, surgery centers and commercial accounts.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Laboratory Asst opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website