Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) PICC Registered Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.Benefits
HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our PICC Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and Qualifications
The PICC Registered Nurse demonstrates critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, and leadership in the anticipation and planning for the care of the patient. The PICC Registered Nurse inserts and monitors peripherally placed central venous catheters (PICC), mid-line catheters, peripheral IV catheters. Acts as a resource and consultant for staff with regard to I.V. therapy assessment, products and procedures.
Requirements for Position:
- Current FL RN license or recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS preferred
- Critical Care &/or PICC experience preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Possess the ability to work as member of a team or independently as the needs require and to prioritize responsibilities
- Clinically proficient in special procedures demonstrating a knowledge of the developmental needs of the adolescent, adult and geriatric patients
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by the Joint Commission. Since 1983, HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital has provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. We offer a full range of services including a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, and breast center. We offer minimally-invasive and robotic surgery, general and vascular surgery. The Orthopedic and Spine Institute offers the latest in orthopedic equipment. This ensures patients have access to high-quality care. HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, and an American College of Cardiology accredited Chest Pain Center. The Emergency Room at the main hospital and the freestanding ER at Darwin Square are designed with consideration for special populations such as pediatric and geriatric patients.
We are located in Port St. Lucie, a city which attracts a vibrant mix of people due to its low crime rate, diverse housing stock, and abundant open space. If you are interested in a dynamic career in a great location, we invite you to explore opportunities to join our team at HCA Florida St. Lucie Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our PICC Registered Nurse opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website