West Hills Hospital & Medical Center offers compassionate and responsive care for the improvement of human life. Our expert physicians and clinicians, and every employee, strives each day to bring outstanding service to the bedside. Serving the West Valley for more than 50 years, West Hills Hospital brings "quality care, close to home."
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. Its an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare were connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors.
The FacilityChief Medical Officer(CMO) ensures high quality, patient-centered care by leading clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital. The CMO provides senior-level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions, ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes. The CMO facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities and consults on an array of issues involving physicians. The CMO also contributes to overall hospital strategy and service line development to ensure quality management and promote optimum patient experience.
- Leads clinical performance expectations that support the goals of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the facility to ensure superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience.
- Works with Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive Officers, medical staffs, and Boards of Directors to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff organization.
- Partners with medical staffs and hospital management teams, facilitating teamwork and shared goals. Represents medical staff viewpoints to management and relays management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HCA leadership and community and/or employed physicians.
- Provides clinical support and consultation regarding cost-effective clinical resource management in the facilities by sharing reports and recommendations regarding how to reduce the variable cost per case while maintaining and enhancing clinical effectiveness.
- Creates a data-driven environment of quality and cost improvement, and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Serves as a direct liaison between HCA-affiliated physicians and facility/corporate clinical services functions.
- Establishes and maintains an ongoing program to orient and develop management expertise for Hospital Chiefs of Staff, Medical Executive Committees, and other medical staff leaders by providing oversight and leadership for all medical education programs.
- Leads educational sessions and provides ongoing in-service programs to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities, in collaboration with the Chief of Staff or other clinical leadership in the facility.
- Assembles regional physician advisory panels to provide ongoing feedback to HCA senior management, and serves as a liaison between committees and facility/corporate leadership, as well as to affiliated physicians.
- Serves as spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated physicians to explain and obtain buy in for corporate-, group-, and facility-sponsored clinical initiatives.
- Collaborates daily with other facility and corporate CMOs.
- Educates physicians on HCA clinical technologies.
- Collaborates with HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply opportunities.
Medical Staff Affairs
- Develops, implements and monitors disruptive physician/impaired physician policies. As needed, provides oversight for intervention programs in the region.
- Provides recommendations in the development and/or revision of hospital policies and procedures pertinent to the medical staff and medical staff affairs.
- Serves as a consultant to hospital Medical Staff Services regarding physician credentialing, utilization, and quality profiling. Serves as a member of hospitals peer review committees as requested.
Business Development and Payer Relations
- Evaluates clinical appropriateness of new medical technologies and programs, and makes recommendations concerning the relevance of such technologies and programs to HCA hospitals.
- Serves as a resource and consultant to the Vice President Physician Services Group and/or Vice President Business Development in physician recruitment, clinical program development, and overall hospital strategy.
- Provides medical director services to facility-level physician credentialing, business development, and provider relations in contracting issues.
- Provides medical consultation on contracting, pricing, and analysis of managed care issues. Offers clinical support for appeals and denials process, discharge planning, case management, and utilization review/management.
- Consults with facility-level staff regarding delegated utilization management and disease management operations under managed care contracts. Meets all regulatory/contractual/accreditation requirements associated with these functions.
- Serves as a clinical resource and consultant to hospital case managers and hospital staff in the reduction of payer denials and in the denial and appeals process, as requested by the Case Management Department and Patient Accounting Services.
- Attends corporate, group, division, and national meetings sponsored by HCA corporate to train and support quality improvement, risk management, patient safety, case management, medical staff affairs, and physician relations activities.
Quality/Evidence-Based Practice/Patient Safety
- Promotes consistent, positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- Provides clinical support and guidance in the development and deployment of all quality initiatives designed to increase the practice of evidence-based medicine within HCA facilities. Utilizes outcomes management techniques to monitor and improve care, quality, and safety. Demonstrates commitment and dedication to communicating the importance and precepts of evidence-based practice.
- Serves as a spokesperson for evidence-based clinical practice, patient safety, and clinical loss prevention to facility leadership and clinicians.
- Explains and promotes quality initiatives to HCA-affiliated medical staffs and physicians.
Education & Experience:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) required
- Master's degree in business or related field preferred
- 10+ years of experience in clinical practice required
- Experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital or regional health system preferred
West Hills Hospital & Medical Center offers compassionate and responsive care for the improvement of human life. Our expert physicians and clini...
Apply on company website