Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) ETL Developer? At HCA Healthcare, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated ETL Developer like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications This position is part of an ETL development team responsible for analysis, design, development, and support of Data Warehouse ETL pipelines. The ETL Developer will spend time writing, testing, and reviewing ETL pipelines alongside other developers. Other tasks include researching, architecting, requirements gathering, designing, documenting, and modifying software throughout the complete production life cycle. This position works with business analysts and project managers on business requirement reviews, task breakdown and estimation, and technical documentation.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize Teradata ETL pipelines using a combination of BTEQ scripts, Unix/Linux shell scripts, SQL scripts, and Stored Procedures.
- Contribute to and participate in peer code reviews.
- Participate in on-call support rotation.
- Adhere to established development guidelines.
- Translate business requirements into technical design specifications.
- Estimate, establish, and meet target dates.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including source-to-target mappings, job scheduling and dependency details, and business-driven transformation rules.
- Propose and implement process improvements with reporting applications and the overall development process.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.”
- Teradata ETL development experience using BTEQ scripts and stored procedures.
- Knowledge of ETL tools such as ConnectETL/DMExpress or DataStage.
- Exposure to Oracle, SQL Server, and other database platforms.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux scripting.
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub version control.
- Knowledge of issue tracking tools such as Jira and ServiceNow.
- Ability to troubleshoot, maintain, reverse engineer and optimize existing ETL pipelines.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data, and offer solutions to complex clinical problems.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of IT governance and operations.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree Preferred
- 1+ year(s) of experience in Information Technology Required
- 1+ year(s) of experience in Data Warehouse ETL Development Required
- 1+ year(s) of experience in Healthcare IT Preferred
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our ETL Developer opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website