Do you want to bea part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a workenvironment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application todayand find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value yourcontributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raisethe bar. We are currently seeking a Medical Technologist to join our family. Come bea part of the change!
We offeryou an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary,excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team andyour ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTOmedical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loanrepayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston HealthcareKingwood – Kingwood, TexasMedical Technologist – Laboratory
HCAHouston Healthcare Kingwood is a 439-bedacute care facility that has provided quality care to the Lake Houston area forover 25 years. It is home to the area's only comprehensive cardiac,neuroscience and women services programs. Our Women & Children's Centerprovides Level II and III neonatal intensive care units, high-risk obstetrics,a breast diagnostic center, a designated pediatric unit, and the area's onlypediatric emergency department.
HCAHouston Healthcare Kingwood is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part ofthe HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive networkof hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnosticimaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas.Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campusemergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What youwill do in this role:
- Must demonstrate theability to perform manual and automated test procedures, accurately reportlaboratory results, to include perform special calculations, and reportcritical values.
- Performs and reviewsquality control; decides if results are within acceptable limits; researchesproblems and documents.
- Must ensure automatedequipment is operational by performing required maintenance, calibration andtroubleshooting procedures daily or as needed.
- Must be knowledgeable ofspecimen requirements, processing procedures, and specimen rejection criteria.
- Must be familiar withthe use of laboratory forms, requisitions, to include the laboratory informationsystem.
- Must understand andremain compliant with hospital and department policies/procedures.
- Assist in the evaluationof new procedures and equipment.
- Participates inopportunities for continuing education and/or teaching, training according tothe section performance standards to enhance technical skills.
- Employee will beresponsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based onphysical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for theneonate, infant child, adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
- He/she will performtasks as assigned by the Supervisor within his/her scope of training.
What qualificationsyou will need:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college oruniversity in medical technology or related area of specialty preferred.
- One year experience ina clinical laboratory
- MT (ASCP) or equivalentpreferred or Registry eligible as a Medical Technologist
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most AdmiredCompanies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most EthicalCompanies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'dlove to hear from you.
If you find this opportunitycompelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Ifyou are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity atour company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteranstatus, or disability status.
Apply on company website