Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Respiratory Therapist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) RRT where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
- Maintains established department policies, procedures, objectives, and quality assurance, safety.
- Sets-up equipment and medications and administers respiratory treatment s as ordered by the physician; electronically documents treatment, response and progress.
- Sets up, operates and monitors ventilator when the patient respiratory system is incapable of spontaneous ventilation.
- Performs arterial puncture and arterial blood analysis.
- Observes patients, checks equipment, and makes changes necessary during patient rounds.
- Obtains and/or documents patient vital signs, and equipment settings as required by the specific procedure or test.
- Provides instructions in therapeutic procedures to the patient, family or staff.
- Assures delivery of quality respiratory therapy services; available for consultation with medical, nursing, and administrative staff.
- Conducts and/or assists with special procedures, including pulmonary function studies and bronchoscopy.
- Provides for proper cleaning and sterilization of all respiratory therapy equipment to ensure safe patient care.
- Has knowledge of Performance Improvement.
- Achieved professional goals set during previous evaluation period.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of accredited program in respiratory therapy
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- RRT/Respiratory Care Practitioner (RRT / RCP)
- State Registered Respiratory Therapist
- 2 years experience in an acute care setting
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center is a 445+ bed acute care hospital located in the heart of central Houston, adjacent to the Medical Center and Museum District, and provides quality care for the greater Houston area. Established in 1975, our hospital has been serving Houston for more than 40 years. We provide a wide range of medical services, including cardiology, bariatrics, orthopedics, neurology, emergency care and more. Our comprehensive medical specialties are here to offer individualized care to every individual that walks through our doors. We also offer 24/7 emergency services and two intensive care units: surgical intensive care unit (SICU) and medical intensive care unit (MICU). We are an accredited Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) Center and an accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI. We are members of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the region and part of the leading provider of healthcare in the country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible in providing the patient-centered care you need close to home.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our RRT opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website