Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Mechanic II you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Mechanic II where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
Performs routine maintenance service or repairs in a skilled area such as plumbing, carpentry, painting and plastering, HVAC or equipment servicing.
Is responsive to preventative maintenance on equipment as assigned, and responds to requests, calls, and pages according to department standards.
Under supervision, operates and safely maintains mechanical systems, and equipment and records readings.
"• Under supervision, operates and maintains stationary engines and mechanical equipment, recording systems readings, and performing and logging water tests, adding chemicals as needed
• Corrects problems throughout the hospital to maintain consistent mechanical needs and to insure patient comfort. Is responsive to preventative maintenance on equipment as assigned
• Ability to assist with other specialized Maintenance positions as needed or determined by management.
• Assist with the coordination of emergency services as required by Supervisor, or Director
• Responds to web request and calls according to department standards
• Updates work order program as needed per job duties
• Evaluates materials for cost effectiveness and reviews findings with Director and/or Manager
• Evaluates workmanship and products used for in-house special projects, outside general contractors and all others pertaining to discipline
• Participates and response to all Hospital emergencies, including, but not limited to fire, bomb threads, disaster codes, security codes, and all other emergencies as required the department supervisor and director
• Ensure all assigned task are completed according to policy and procedure, JACHO, NFPA 99, Life Safety Code 101, TDH licensing standards, and all other NFPA Codes as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned" Required Minimum Education N/A Required Additional Education N/A Required License/Certification Third Grade Stationary Engineers License preferred Training and Experience 3 years prior experience in a commercial maintenance capacity, preferably in a hospital setting, preferred. Locksmith skills and knowledge of firewalls/penetration repairs required. Skills and Knowledge
The Maintenance Operator II must have the ability to interpret gauge reading and document of forms.
Must have a basic understanding of all functions of the mechanical equipment and its basic purpose as it applies to the facility.
Should be able to read blueprints and forms associated with the operation of all equipment.
Must have excellent organization and efficiency skills, excellent communication skills to interact with diverse personality types, adaptable to new ideas and methods, be a self-starter with ability to meet priorities for short and long range as well as frequently changing situations.
No Travel Required
No experience Required Years of Experience
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is a 415+ bed acute care hospital that has been serving the north Houston communities for more than 40 years, providing a wide range of medical services including cardiology, maternity care, Level III NICU, pediatrics, bariatrics and neurology. We comprehensively serve our community by employing expert physicians, specialists, nurses and support staff who work together as a unified team to offer a range of diagnostic treatment and support services. From our 24-hour emergency department with Level II Trauma capabilities, to women's services, to cardiology, we are dedicated to improving the health of our community by delivering exceptional, personalized healthcare. We are members of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the region and part of the leading provider of healthcare in the country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible in providing the patient-centered care you need close to home.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Mechanic II opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website