Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Surgical Technician - PRN - Labor and Delivery you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Surgical Technician - PRN - Labor and Delivery where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
What you will do in this role:
- The Surgical Technologist provides technical services, assists in operating room and provides care for the adolescent, adult and geriatric patient under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- The Surgical Technician is responsible for preparing the operating rooms for surgery and for performing central sterile skills using appropriate techniques.
- The Surgical Technician is responsible for maintaining the nursing station by performing clerical and receptionist duties, processing physician orders and requisitioning supplies, equipment and services from other departments.
What qualifications you will need:
- 1 + Years current or recent Experience performing duties as a Surgical Technologist
- Certification required upon hire, unless you are a Surgical Tech employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 will be considered grandfathered in, but must attain a Surgical Technician Certification within 30 days of employment.
- BLS is required.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball has provided quality healthcare to Tomball, Magnolia and Northwest Houston communities since 1948. Fully accredited by The Joint Commission, our 350+ bed hospital is on a 150-acre campus that features designated specialty centers: The Orthopedic Center, The Women's Center, the Heart and Vascular Center and the Texas Sports Medicine Center. Our services include a Level III Trauma Center, advanced robotic surgery program with 24/7 service, Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center, comprehensive Women's Services and Labor & Delivery unit with Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), orthopedic care including joint replacement, and much more. We are committed to providing quality healthcare while making a difference in our patients' lives. Through exceptional technology and specialized medical staff, area residents receive a full range of medical services, close to home. We are members of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the region and part of the leading provider of healthcare in the country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible in providing the patient-centered care you need close to home.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Surgical Technician - PRN - Labor and Delivery opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Apply on company website