DescriptionThis position is incentive eligible.
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Director of Respiratory.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Director of Respiratory to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
HCA Houston Healthcare West – Houston, TX
Director of Respiratory
HCA Houston Healthcare West is a full-service 266 bed hospital that provides a range of health services. It is recognized as a Certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and, under an affiliation agreement with The Woman's Hospital of Texas, brings to its community The Woman's Hospital of Texas at West Houston, a three-story cardiac and critical care tower. The Sugar Land Cancer Center and the Sugar Land Diagnostic Center, departments with HCA Houston Healthcare West, are located on the Southwest Freeway at the Williams Trace and Sugar Lakes exit.
HCA Houston Healthcare West is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What will you do in this role?
• You will demonstrate critical thinking skills, scientific judgement, and leadership in the anticipation and planning for the departmental scope of service, facility planning, budgetary issues, and patient care delivery.
• You will assume responsibility and accountability for the management of human and physical resources in the respiratory department.
• You will maintain operational aspects of respiratory therapy care in collaboration with other departments and within cost containment guidelines established by the hospital. The Director supports the philosophy and objectives of the therapeutic disciplines, the hospital, and the corporation.
• Bachelor's Degree is required. Master's degree is preferred.
What other qualifications you will need:
• Current Texas License is required. (RRT)
• American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification is required.
• American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification is required.
• American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification is required.
• At least three years of acute care Respiratory experience is required. Two years of Supervisor/Manager experience is required.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website