Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Pharmacy Technician II? At HCA Houston Healthcare West, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
HCA Houston Healthcare West, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Pharmacy Technician II like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
As the Pharmacy Technician, you will ensure the prompt and accurate delivery of medication to the patient in according with the pharmacy laws of the State of Texas and the policies and procedures of the Department of Pharmacy. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and we are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
What You Will Do In This Role:
* You will be responsible for the preparation of products, the care of equipment, and the delivery of medications and supplies.
* You will maintain inventory of supplies, equipment, and medications in the main pharmacy and drug dispensing cabinets throughout the facility.
* You will Interact with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
* You will communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
* You will deliver IV and medications to patient care areas as scheduled and on request
* You will perform check of inventory for expired medications in accordance with established procedures
What Qualifications You Will Need:
* Successful completion of an accredited pharmacy technician training course is required
* Registration with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy; Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) is required
* Texas IV Certification is required
* BLS is required
HCA Houston Healthcare West is a full-service, 300+ bed hospital that has been offering exceptional care to the West Houston communities for over 30 years. We proudly provide Houston residents with exceptional healthcare, including a vast-array of medical services from board-certified doctors and nationally accredited departments. We are recognized as a Certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and under an affiliation agreement with The Woman's Hospital of Texas, we are able to bring our community The Woman's Hospital of Texas at West Houston, a three-story cardiac and critical care tower. The Sugar Land Cancer Center and the Sugar Land Diagnostic Center, departments with HCA Houston Healthcare West, provide additional services to meet the needs of our community. We are members of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the region and part of the leading provider of healthcare in the country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible in providing the patient-centered care you need close to home.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Pharmacy Technician II opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website