Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare West - Houston, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) – Emergency Room (ER)
HCA Houston Healthcare West is a 266-bed acute care hospital that provides a range of health services. It is recognized as a Certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and, under an affiliation agreement with The Woman's Hospital of Texas, brings to its community The Woman's Hospital of Texas at West Houston, a three-story cardiac and critical care tower. The Sugar Land Cancer Center and the Sugar Land Diagnostic Center, departments with HCA Houston Healthcare West, are located on the Southwest Freeway at the Williams Trace and Sugar Lakes exit.
HCA Houston Healthcare West is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Monitors and maintains high standards regarding patient care and oversees compliance with core measures on applicable patients.
- Facilitates communication with patients, physicians, guests, and co-workers as appropriate to position.
- Protects confidentiality of patients/coworkers, respecting their dignity, privacy, and differences.
- Consistently demonstrates behavior which reflects that working as a team is more important than self-interest.
- Demonstrates interpersonal competencies such as problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict management to improve team work.
- Consistently provides outstanding service to all patients, physicians, fellow employees, and guests as appropriate to position.
- Displays initiative to see processes through to completion and offers assistance without being asked.
- Consistently responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all required diagnostic and therapeutic interventions are completed in a timely manner and documented.
- Formulates a plan of care for each patient based on nursing diagnoses/patient problems derived from patient assessments.
- Delegates nursing care activities to members of the nursing team based on patient care needs and competencies of available nursing staff.
- Actively participates in department committees and group meetings with a focus on providing input to improve the quality of services.
What qualifications you will need:
- Current Texas Licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Associates Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BLCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support Course (PALS) and Certification
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) required
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred
- Current National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification (NIHSS)
- NIMS 100 and 700 training required or must obtain within 90 days of employment
- One year Emergency Services experience in acute care setting
Apply on company website