Do you have the career opportunities as a Social Worker - Hospice PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Houston Hospice & Family Care which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
HCA Houston Hospice & Family Care, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Social Worker - Hospice where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
Looking to add a Social Worker to our team. They will be responsible for the implementation of standards of care for medical social work services. They will adhere to essential job functions, state and federal regulations. Establishes, implements, and evaluates goals and priorities for social services to meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the organization's mission and philosophy.
What you will do in this role:
Assesses the psychosocial status of patients and families/caregivers related to the patient's terminal illness and environment. Communicates findings to the registered nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary group. Provides an assessment in the patient's identified residence and assists when it is not safe and another plan is required.
Serves as liaison between patients and families/caregivers and community agencies. Ensures seamless home care services by providing direct oversight and coordination of care with other clinical service providers.
Participates in the development of the individualized plan of care, involving the patient and family, and attends scheduled interdisciplinary group meetings, assisting the team in recognizing the effects of the psychosocial stresses on the symptoms of the terminal illness.
What qualifications you will need:
Master's Degree in Social Work or in a human services field, including but not limited to sociology, special education, gerontology, rehabilitation counseling, and psychology
Previous experience in a healthcare setting working directly with individuals
Reliable transportation and proof of valid automobile liability insurance
Must have valid driver's license
- License Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Masters Degree
Occasional/ Intermittent Travel Required
1 years experience Required Years of Experience
Hospice & Family Care provides physical, emotional, and spiritual support for patients and families. We help navigate each step of their hospice journey. Our Care teams include physicians, nurses, therapists, hospice aides and social workers. Also, music therapists, spiritual counselors, volunteers and bereavement specialists are part of the care team. Our services include regular scheduled visits and on-call support. Patients can receive hospice care at home or a skilled nursing center. Hospice care is also available at an independent or assisted living community or a hospital. We are committed to ensuring our patients have the fullness of life, dignity and the respect they deserve. HCA Healthcare raises the bar on what comprehensive hospice care looks like. Just like family, we pull together to care for and support our patients and each other.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Social Worker Hospice opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website