As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
Design at HCSC:
At HCSC, the design practice exists to design integrated tools and experiences that make our organization more capable of delivering our purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Collaborating with partners and stakeholders across the organization, our design practice offers a flexible approach to reconciling member and employee needs with business goals, enabled by the unique capabilities of technology.
HCSC's design team is looking for a Visual Interface Designer . Alongside your experience taming enterprise-level complexity, your track record should include delivering attractive and approachable consumer applications. You'll breathe life into digital experience by leveraging the aesthetic elements of visual design to create experiences and interactions that evoke engagement and seamlessly enable key user behaviors.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor degree and 3 years of experience OR 5 years of experience in visual design
* Deep portfolio of engaging experiences
* Experience with user experience, HCI, graphic design, visual design experience
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Active involvement in the Design community demonstrated by regular engagement in continuing education, committee work or meet-ups. (AIGA, Creative Mornings or similar)
* Master degree in interaction design (HCI, Cognitive Science, UX, Fine Arts, Visual Communication, or a related degree from an accredited institution)
* 7 years of user experience, HCI, graphic design, visual design experience across a variety of industries and challenges. Digital and physical preferred, print is respected
* Champion empathy for the user in alignment with business drivers
* Deliver value to the business through well-crafted and timely work
* Work independently as well as collaborate on a cross-functional team
* Communicate clearly and effectively with stakeholders
* Master best practices and share with your teammates.
* Welcome design critique and consistently iterate based on feedback
* Learn from everyone mindset
* Mentor colleagues
If you have an insatiable desire to create human-centered solutions to some of healthcare's most intractable challenges, HCSC could be the place for you! If you're innately curious, self-directed but highly collaborative, you may be the designer we're looking for.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website