The primary functions of this position are to: receive orders from Planner; pick applicable parts; deliver parts to unit; update inventory computer system and move material as needed. Work is performed somewhat independently with minimal direction from a supervisor or manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the database to ensure inventory accuracy
- Performs stock picking, cycle counting, and point of use stocking tasks using manual and motorized material handling equipment including tow motors and pallet jacks
- Performs material data transactions on computer terminal
- Able to look-up and investigate transaction history to resolve inventory discrepancies
- Loads and unloads trucks
- Accurately reports shop floor production data via computer terminal and/or written reporting
- Follows both visual and written work instructions in order to complete assigned tasks within set time allotted
- Able to follow safety practices, and meet quality standards of work
- Performs cycle counting of parts and material handling duties as prescribed by Supervisor
- Adheres to all quality and safety standards
- Supports other projects and performs duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE/OTHER DUTIES:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of one to three years of warehouse or comparable experience preferred
OTHER JOB RELATED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Detail oriented with strong computer / database skills and math knowledge
- Goal oriented and team focused to ensure completion of projects in a timely manner
- Ability to work from verbal and written instructions
- Operation of small power tools, other hand tools and computerized and high-pressure equipment
- Operate tow motor, forklift, standup picker and other equipment as needed
- General carpentry skills may be required
- SAP or other MRP/ERP software experience strongly desired.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer of protected Veterans, disabled individuals or other individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, age or sexual orientation
Apply on company website