DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have a technical background and experience negotiating contracts within the IT space? If so, you should consider joining HealthTrust as a Strategic Sourcing Director- Information Technology.
HealthTrust, an affiliated company of HCA Healthcare, is committed to performance improvement across the healthcare continuum. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your rewards and benefits customizable to your needs. Some unique offerings include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
The HealthTrust GPO Sourcing organization is responsible for a contract portfolio totaling $48 billion in volume. HealthTrust is responsible for negotiating contracts on behalf of a 1,600 acute care hospitals (approximately 1/3 of the entire US acute care market and 5 of the largest healthcare systems), 44,500 non-acute sites and a significant customer base of private equity firms, and other commercial companies including multinational corporations.
At HealthTrust, you have the opportunity to make a difference. Every associate in our organization has an impact on patients' lives. We are looking for a dedicated Strategic Sourcing Director- Information Technology to be a part of our winning team.
Responsible for negotiating industry leading national agreements for the group purchasing organization in the Technology space. This position is expected to secure and expand industry leading financial value across multiple client specific engagements. Mandatory key competencies include strategy development, negotiations, financial analysis, communications, planning, decision making, project management, customer relations, presentation development and expertise in the Information Technology space. The Director will update and advise management and clients on assigned contracting projects as part of client specific contracting. The Director will coordinate with various internal organizations including GPO operations; sales & marketing, legal and financial departments as well as member boards in performance of day to day duties. Responsibilities also include the development and execution of contract goals for the assigned projects. Candidates will demonstrate expert knowledge and experience with managing total cost of ownership factors for IT related contracting. This individual will also foster relationships across multiple stakeholders including customers, suppliers, boards and internal groups.
- Ability to independently plan and execute project timelines for assigned categories in the IT space, with minimal oversight.
- Ability to translate objectives into project planning priorities, create and manage work plans and timelines for multiple projects and priorities, and finalize negotiations in the time-frame designated for the project
- Ability to be highly efficient and productive, demonstrating high volume of contracts/categories handled without sacrificing on quality.
- Strong understanding of the Information Technology space with an aptitude to learn the specific product categories assigned and how end-users' interface with products.
- Understanding of master IT suppliers, contracts, pricing structures and critical service elements is necessary. Further understanding of distribution processes, prime and regional programs and direct manufacturer contracting is needed.
- Individual must know and be able to use knowledge about supplier to develop strategies, create leverage, mitigate risks, anticipate direction of the market and potential supplier direction.
- Interpret of Supplier SEC filings, annual reports, or analyst reports.
- Discuss future product pipelines with suppliers.
- Review current or future technology, including representation of HealthTrust at supplier and/or provider site-visits.
- Investigate new supplier entrants to market.
- Understand the multi-business unit supplier and how they will leverage their capabilities
Strategy Development, Validation, and Risk Mitigation:
- Develops the contract strategy, formulates a clear vision and articulates steps to achieve the negotiation objectives.
- Thorough understanding and accountability for the sourcing process for their assigned portfolio. Including market research, bid preparation, RFI, Strategy Development & Validation, RFP, Contract Negotiations, and contract launch.
- CAP category strategies and final awards must be presented and validated by customer-led Advisory Boards and a customer-led, executive-level Supply Chain Board.
- Individual's board presentations must be well prepared, concise, and articulated clearly. Individual must consistently deliver a dynamic presentation that captures the audience's attention and delivered with enthusiasm/passion. Individual must be able to guide the audience to the desired end result.
Supplier and Customer Relationship Management:
- Oversee supplier relationship during the sourcing process. Participate in supplier business reviews and review new products/technologies as they arise in assigned categories.
- Build strong relationships with senior level supplier contacts.
- Build strong customer relationships through frequent interaction (all levels, including executive).
- Representing HealthTrust at small-to-medium sized industry events, or other organizational projects with Suppliers and Customers.
- Communications are primarily focused on effective and efficient communications with internal stakeholders and suppliers, but includes frequent communication to customers.
- Facilitate conversations with internal functional team during project kick-off to gather feedback, opinions, and alignment of resource needs to meet contracting initiative timelines.
- Communication of bid process, negotiation status, agreement on terms, financial proposal concerns and other matters with supplier and internal team.
- Engaging customers through one-on-one conversations to articulate business strategy and resolve customer specific issues/concerns with contracting strategy or outcome.
- Interfacing with key supply chain executives and end-users in a live environment presenting and/or gaining commitment (advisory boards and supply chain board).
- Capable of securing desired outcomes through persuasion and influence.
Collaboration required with functional team throughout sourcing process:
- With legal staff on development and finalization of contract
- With financial analysts on assessing supplier proposals
- With board leads on meeting with advisory boards
- With contract analysts on product/price loading of awarded agreements
- With portfolio specialists and communications on contract launch/implementation
- With account management in their customer-facing duties related to the portfolio
- With customers and their supply chain/executive leadership
Financial & Operational Goals:
- Meet/exceed financial & operational goals in the annual contracting plan.
Policies & Procedures:
- Maintain timely achievement of all assigned sourcing initiatives ensuring activities adhere to all established policies and procedures and standards of business conduct.
- Resolve supplier and/or customer issues, as escalated by Portfolio Specialist.
- Maintain strong customer relationships and build trust and respect by consistently meeting or exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
- Work with HealthTrust audit team to assist and facilitate engagement and finalization of audit projects.
- Act as a champion for business process change, organizational change, and cultural change. May include leading process improvement or training initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive past experience in the development of negotiation strategies and negotiation of various types of agreements for large scale customer deployments.
- Experienced negotiator and subject matter expert.
- Must have strong analytical skills with the ability to create or interpret potentially complex financial models.
- Maintain grace under pressure while displaying a high level of professionalism.
- Align internal and external resources to achieve objectives.
- Comprehend, and interpret complex instructions, proposals, and contract language.
- Identify problems independently and demonstrate creativity in developing alternative solutions and recommendations.
- Quickly comprehend the desired end-result, goal or objective as communicated by executive management and take action to accomplish.
- Solid knowledge of all MS Office Products, proficient in the use of Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Accredited College Bachelor's degree required. Master's Degree preferred, in Business or related field. Information Technology degree is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in negotiation and management of contracts.
- IT/Technical background is a must.
We are a subsidiary of HCA Healthcare, a comprehensive healthcare network where 280,000 people across more than 2,000 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It's an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010.
We are a family 280,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately for our Strategic Sourcing Director opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website