DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Surgical and Cardiac ICU department. Submit your application today!
Our Surgical and Cardiac ICU teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan forgiveness program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We are seeking a Director of Surgical and Cardiac ICU to join our team! Henrico Doctors Hospital, the Forest Campus, is a 340-bed acute care facility located in Richmond, VA. We are a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune's 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Manages the fiscal and clinical operations of assigned area(s) of responsibility and recommends sufficient number of qualified competent persons to provide care. Participates in outside source selection for needed services.
2. Integrates department services with the hospitals primary function maintaining communication with medical and nursing staffs, Administration, patients and their families/significant other. Coordinates and integrates services within departments.
3. Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support provision of services. Supervises nursing staff and assures staff competency.
4. Conducts ongoing assessment and improvement of the department's performance. Promotes the Quality Management program of the facility maintaining appropriate quality control programs (where applicable).
5. Develops, markets, implements, and evaluates new services and programs recommending space and resources needed. Participates in outside source selection for needed services.
6. Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
7. Develops goals and objectives for assigned area(s) of responsibility and participates in development of goals and objectives for the Nursing Department.
8. Provides for orientation, inservice training, and continuing education for persons in the department.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Required- Five (5) years current nursing experience; two (2) years of management experience
Preferred- Previous experience in Nursing Director capacity
Required- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
Preferred- A BSN or related health degree is preferred.
Required- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a registered nurse.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website