SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Patient Safety Attendant PRN today with Retreat Doctors Hospital
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. As a PRN employee you can plan for your future by participating in our 401k program.
We are seeking a Patient Safety Attendant PRN to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
The Patient Safety Attendant (PSA) PRN participates in high-quality, patient-centered care by providing continuous observation and monitoring for high risk patients. In collaboration with the patient care team, the PSA ensures the patient environment is free of obstacles and minimizes risk of falls and accidental or intentional self-harm. The Sitter may also assist with activities of daily living
- You will maintain a direct line of sight with patient at all times, including while family and/or visitors are in the room. Accompany patient and ensure patient safety during transportation, testing, and procedures occurring away from the patient's normal environment.
- Intervene as needed to prevent patient from harming self or others. Seek immediate assistance for escalating incidents.
- Establish a safe, risk-free patient environment by utilizing knowledge of fall prevention protocols, infection control measures, and self-harm prevention
- You will monitor the patient's physical and emotional condition. Report any changes in status promptly while remaining direct line of sight with the patient.
- Demonstrate caring and empathy in all interactions and advocate for patient and family-centered approach in all decisions and actions.
Retreat Doctors' Hospital, a campus of Henrico Doctors' Hospital, is one of Healthgrades Top 50 Hospitals in the nation. Retreat is a 226-bed facility offering medical and surgical programs, 24-hour adult and pediatric emergency care and outpatient services. The Retreat Doctors' Hospital campus is also home to the Institute of Urological Health, offering the latest innovations in urological care and surgery. Located in the historic Fan District, we are proud to bring state-of-the-art technology and compassionate care to our neighbors and the surrounding community.
One year experience in a healthcare setting is preferred
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website