DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Floor Care Technician Environmental Services Department Full Time, Evening Shift, 1.0 FTE Highlands Regional Medical Center Sebring, FL
Highlands Regional Medical Center is a 126-bed acute hospital providing a full range of Emergency, Surgical and Inpatient and Outpatient services. Serving Sebring, Florida, and the surrounding counties since 1965, Highlands Regional Medical Center offers advanced technology and attracts the most highly qualified physicians and surgeons in the area. The Emergency Room offers the area's only dedicated Senior ER featuring designated parking, hearing amplifiers, optical devices, special attention to discharge planning and one-on-one help with scheduling follow-up appointments. The Orthopedic Institute at Highlands provides patients undergoing joint replacement surgery an upscale environment while also promoting wellness and healing. The hospital specializes in surgical services close to home including minimally invasive procedures, which can result in shorter hospital stays and a faster recovery.
Highlands Regional Medical Center's personnel, consisting of highly trained professionals, are dedicated to ensure consistent excellence in healthcare delivery. We invite you to learn more about our career opportunities as well as living in Sebring, “The City on the Circle,” which is home to the Sebring International Raceway as well as a wide range of boutique and gallery shopping opportunities, fine and casual dining, and a host of parks and lakes that satisfy all recreational interests.
We offer a generous benefits package, including:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k Match
- Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Reimbursement & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dependent Scholarship Program
- Clinical Certification Support & Bonuses
- Paid Community Service Days
- And more!
Being a part of HCA Healthcare, we provide unprecedented career opportunity including the ability to move within more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers located in 21 states and the United Kingdom.
The EVS Floor Care Technician works under the direction of EVS Management and performs the following general duties:
- Provides cleaning services and tile/carpet floor maintenance with consideration of patients, their family and friends, with regard to their personal dignity and respect for their values.
- Performs environmental tasks dealing with adherence to infection control policies and procedures to maintain a clean and safe patient environment.
- Responsible for daily cleaning of patient's room as well as cleaning discharged rooms in a timely manner for incoming admissions.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining non-patient areas, offices, common areas, hallways, and common area rest rooms.
- Responsible for proper handling of all chemicals as well as following proper infection control policies and proper PPE use.
- Ensures patient rooms and physical hospital flooring is cleaned and maintained in an efficient, safe, and timely manner, Ensures equipment is in working order, ensures preventive maintenance is completed on equipment.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient and environmental safety issues.
- Ensures proper signage is placed at the appropriate locations when hazards (i.e. wet floor warnings) are plausible.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of equipment used to clean floors and can identify mechanical issues with the equipment to be reported timely and appropriately.
- Two years' experience providing environmental services in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Ability to read, write and converse in English required.
- SPECIAL DEMANDS: Must be able to work in environments containing human blood and body fluids
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website