Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Scheduler with Houston Metro Urology Surgical Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Houston Metro Urology Surgical Center, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Houston Metro Urology Surgical Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Scheduler to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Scheduler for our surgery center, you will be responsible for proving and contributing to the company's mission, vision, and values by scheduling patient's surgical procedures and maintaining the surgery schedule.
What you will do in this role:
- You will obtain CPT and ICD-10 diagnosis codes and other clinical information as required by the physician's office
- You will prepare documentation for Notification of Non-covered Medicare Services or Advance Beneficiary notices to patients and notify physician's offices about these procedures
- You will complete chart requests from Medical Records and notify the Materials Manager /Nurse Manager of any physician requests or special equipment needed for upcoming surgeries/procedures
- You will determine the duration needed for surgeries in the operating room and work with OR nurse to ensure a daily schedule is streamlined
- You will maintain the center block schedule list and arrange necessary anesthesia coverage
- You will call/fax physician's offices to notify them of any open schedule times that may allow for additional cases to be taken at the center
What Qualifications will you need:
- Minimum one year of experience in a medical office setting.
HMU Surgical Center is located in Houston, Texas. We serve the residents of Houston and Harris Counties and surrounding communities in southeastern Texas. The center is designed for Urology Outpatient Surgery. Our facility uses the most modern surgical equipment available today. Our AAAHC accredited center performs over 550 cases a month. Services in cystoscopy, vasectomy, circumcisions, slings, prostate biopsy, BPH treatments, HIFU, lithotripsy, and TURP procedures. As a member of the HCA Healthcare Ambulatory Surgery Division, we follow our mission. Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Scheduler opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website