Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as the Laboratory Manager - Family Care Center and Infusion Laboratories.
Under the supervision of the Director of Laboratory and Cardiovascular Services and Administrative Vice President for Ambulatory Services, this manager is responsible for all Core Lab activities at the Harvey campus. Trains, supervises and assumes accountability for lab staff in all functions of the Core Lab. Teaches theoretical basis of procedures to staff. Collaborates with pathologists and clinical consultant to establish critical value limits, workload analysis, method changes, accreditation requirements, method validation, and other tasks to efficiently and accurately perform test analysis.
Provides administrative oversight and coordination of laboratory testing at the Family Care Center (FCC) sites, to include Infusion laboratories. Responsible for coordination of activities with FCC laboratory supervisors. Standardizes operations among FCC laboratories in conjunction with practices, policies and procedures set at Main Lab.
Maintains compliance with CLIA, CAP, TJC DNV, IDPH, CMS and any appropriate regulatory agencies. Participates in and monitors all quality improvement activities related to laboratory testing and services. Knows, follows and actively supports the philosophy, mission and vision of UChicago Medicine at Ingalls Hospital. Is supportive of and practices LEAN in department activities.
Laboratory Manager - Family Care Center and Infusion Laboratories Requirements:
- Licensure - MT (ASCP) or equivalent strongly preferred
- MHA or MBA strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of medical laboratory technical procedures, concepts, and applications normally attained through successful completion of a bachelor's degree with specific training in medical technology and successful challenge of an accredited proficiency examination
- B.S. or B.A. in medical technology or chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science. Successful challenge of an accredited proficiency examination and/or certification through ASCP, NAACLS, HEW or equivalent agency strongly preferred
- 5 (five) years related experience in a clinical laboratory workplace and/or working knowledge of scientific principles attained through a baccalaureate degree and/or laboratory experience as prescribed by CLIA-88
- At least one year of training and/or experience in high-complexity testing. Must demonstrate all competencies within identified laboratory department
- Computer experience in LIS, PC, HIS, Microsoft office, etc. is required
- 5 (five) years of experience within a clinical laboratory workplace is required to have occurred with no more than a 2 year gap
- Effective interpersonal skills in dealing with patient, families and co-workers
- Ability to resolve conflict effectively
- Ability to deal with all age-specific related issues in workplace
- Must have in-depth up-to-date knowledge of CLIA, CAP & DNV rules and regulatory requirements, a strong knowledge and understanding of CAP
- Must have knowledge of the importance of laboratory safety requirements and procedures and is knowledgeable with OSHA regulations
Apply on company website