Requisition Number: 74758We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated hands-on Java AWS Architect & Tech Lead with core Java and AWS development and architecture experience. You will be responsible for assessing business requirements and architecting technology solutions in AWS as well as putting together a technical implementation plan and leading the team through it. While working with our clients, you will work collaboratively with product managers, developers, architects, testers, and subject matter experts on other teams within an Agile development methodology. You must be able to clearly communicate progress, risks and blockers to other team members as well as participate in and lead design discussions.
What you’ll do at Insight:
· YOU will be responsible for design and development of mission-critical solutions for a wide range of clients, from Fortune 1000 companies to educational institutions and non-profits.
· YOU will work closely with business and IT stakeholders in a collaborative, team environment to envision and implement modern Java platform architectures that are of extremely high quality.
· YOU will help mentor junior developers to coach them to be their best.
· YOU understand that the right software architecture, software development excellence and teamwork are the pillars of an exceptional team.
What you’ll need to join Insight/BlueMetal:
· 7-10+ years of Core Java experience
- 3+ years of AWS Experience
- an AWS Solutions Architect certification is a huge plus
· Restful API Development Experience. Spring is a plus.
· Experience developing in a financial services environment is ideal.
· Knowledge of Unit Testing Using a Framework (JUnit is preferred)
· Agile/Scrum methodology
· Willingness and ability to travel to our client sites is required
- Understanding of modern scalable microservices and event-driven software architectures
· Experience working with Maven is beneficial
· GIT-based source control systems
· Experience with Apache Kafka a nice-to-have.
· Understanding of Oracle query development
Job Type: Full-time
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 7,400+ teammates in 19 countries providing Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
- $7.1 billion in revenue in 2018
- Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the 2018 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 Microsoft Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Partner of the Year
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2018 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: [[Boston]] || [[MA]] || [[USA]] || [[Java]] || [[AWS]] || [[Architect]] ||
Apply on company website