Requisition Number: 75598
Insight is currently interviewing for an experienced Sr. Windows Engineer to provide technical expertise & support for the design and implementation of Windows 10 Client images which will be leveraged by their 25,000 end users. In addition, the Engineer will design and support a reliable OS deployment and upgrade methodology. This role will require a strong partnership with the Laptop Service Owner, other members of the Windows Engineering Team, Information Security, Infrastructure and other IT Teams. This role will report to the IT Director responsible for Windows Engineering.
The overall objectives of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design and maintenance of Windows 10 Reference Images
- Design, maintenance and support of OS Deployment and OS Upgrade SCCM Task Sequences
- 4th level support for Windows OS stability and/or performance problems
- Create and maintain concise architectural and technical documentation including design artifacts, knowledge base articles, and standard operating procedures
- Communicate technical issues/decisions effectively to IT Management by using business terms
- Leverage deep experience and provide architectural expertise to managers, project teams and technical staff
- Build and manage vendor relationships and coordinate work from external vendor resources
- Educate and train other IT team members when transitioning new services to the Operations Team
- Act as a mentor for other technical resources
- Active participation in BCG Architect network
- Performing other duties as assigned or required
- 5 years of relevant Windows Desktop image creation experience, including Windows 10.
- B.A./B.S. degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field
- Windows SCCM experience creating task sequences and deploying OS images and updates.
- Good Experience and Knowledge of desktop Security products like Symantec Endpoint Security, etc.
- Advanced experience and knowledge troubleshooting OS stability and performance issues.
- Troubleshooting MS Office application performance issues including PowerPoint.
- Sound knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS & DHCP.
- Good understanding of Infrastructure and Network technology components and their interactions\dependencies.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work with multiple teams
- Experience in an Enterprise Infrastructure environment.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 7,400+ teammates in 19 countries providing Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
- $7.1 billion in revenue in 2018
- Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the 2018 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 Microsoft Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Partner of the Year
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2018 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Atlanta || Georgia (US-GA) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Atlanta, GA ||
Apply on company website