DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
We are seeking a dynamic motivated hospital based Section Coordinator like you to join our organization! We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, a generous benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(K), PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
IRL is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida and in Alachua Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories throughout Florida. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations into an integrated service network. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
As a Section Coordinator, you will coordinate the activities of technical and/or non-technical functions of the department on assigned shifts under the supervision of the department supervisor, manager or director. Functional areas of responsibility may include, but are not limited to technical discipline areas in which department is licensed, specimen collection, specimen processing and specimen referral testing. You will perform technical and non-technical duties in assigned areas of responsibility as required. Key duties include, but are not limited to coordination of quality control, scheduled equipment maintenance, personnel training, regulatory inspection preparation, and scheduling.
- Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time targets
- Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results
- Perform quality control procedures per protocol, completes necessary documentation
- Assist supervisor and/or department head in assuring that quality control is performed as scheduled
- Assist supervisor and/or department head in meeting department regulatory agency requirements (CAP, etc.)
- Analyze testing samples according to instructions and ensure they are completed within the allowable time frame
- Assist supervisor and/or department head in training department personnel
- Ensure that equipment is operated correctly and periodic maintenance is performed according to schedule
- Demonstrate proficiency in operation of the laboratory equipment and automation
- Utilize reagents and supplies appropriately and maintains appropriate inventory
- Prioritize, perform, or delegate laboratory testing based on accurate patient information, evaluation of staff competencies, productivity guidelines, recognized standards of care, and department policies & procedures
- Provide constructive feedback and updates to the Laboratory Manager to ensure overall operations run smoothly and consistently within facility-wide objectives
- Demonstrate ability to lead staff through positive example, maintains effective rapport with others and gains cooperation to effectively deliver department services
- Maintain laboratory section(s) in accordance with regulatory agencies
- Provide department leadership in the absence of the department supervisor or head
QualificationsYou Should Have:
- A 2-Year or Associate Degree in Science
- 3-5 years of experience as a Medical Technologist
- A State of Florida Medical Technologist license OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
IRL is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA Healthcare has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies and ranks 63rd on the Fortune 500 List.. Join our tradition of excellence! We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Are you intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. We are actively interviewing so apply today. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website