Lead Terminal Engineer, Innovation
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As a Lead Advanced terminal, you will be primarily responsible to drive the ideation, design architecture tradeoff, development, and integration of Intelsat NG terminal solutions for mobility & fixed satellite applications. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Collaborate with the product team to evaluate & architect a range of integrated user terminals utilizing Phased Array Flat Panel antenna technology, and software-defined/virtualized modem solutions to be supported under NG-SDN. Leading the research and development of new technology to achieve distinguished high-performance and economically priced terminal solutions to support mobility applications, Aeronautical, Maritime, Land Mobile & terrestrial applications. Tie this roadmap to the ground technology & space segment roadmap to provide a comprehensive end to end solution for the company's technology roadmap. Support the product team in the ideation stage of the product life cycle. You will be working with a team of professionals in cross-matrix projects and interacting with multiple departments
Are you up to the challenge?
- Lead the design architecture of various user terminal solutions, from initial concept visualization to Prototype, and support the Product team in the terminal production/commercialization across multiple markets.
- Lead the terminal architecture utilizing virtualized network functions (VNF), Software-defined modems and switching functions that enable multi-network, multi-orbit operation across a wide range of use cases
- Lead the integration of virtualized edge functions /software-defined terminal architecture, together with the increased use of automation and orchestration of key service elements, functions, and processes to support value-added services and new capabilities
- Lead the research and development of new terminal technologies & create detailed scope requirements for the RFP and collaborate with the product team & Project Managers to ensure the success of the design including communication regarding technical scope, schedule, budget, and resource needs.
- Lead the evaluation and the design architecture of Flat Panel antennas including form factor & tradeoff power & thermal dissipation and define streamlined measurement techniques and acceptance.
- Lead a broad spectrum of technical teams and Vendors to define the requirements for designing advanced terminals for various verticals.
- Contribute significantly to the strategic technology planning and innovation that will fundamentally transform Intelsat's business model.
- Work proactively and collaboratively across technical and program teams to solve key design challenges; effectively communicate results of analysis and impacts on system baselines and KPIs, make system and architecture recommendations based on rigorous analysis and trade studies.
- Lead the Validation & coordination with integration and test teams to ensure the successful interoperation of all peer subsystems to the modem and traffic routing subsystems of the terminal
You should definitely have:
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Physics or equivalent (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of the stated requirement).
- At least 12 years of recent experience with integrated terminal solutions
- Good knowledge of the antenna system design performance parameters & impact on terminal EIRP, G/T, FCC/ ITU masks.
- Good knowledge of edge compute terminal subsystem and software virtualized modem solutions.
- Good knowledge of antenna form factor & design tradeoff power & thermal dissipation.
- Good knowledge of antenna electronic steering mechanism active, and passive.
- Knowledge of technology standards, including but not limited to 3GPP, DIFI, MEF
- Good knowledge of the satellite terminal antenna vendors, in particular, Kymeta, Phasor, Thinkom, Qest, Ball Aerospace, etc.
- Good knowledge of the satellite ground systems including antenna systems, active and passive RF components, transmission lines, and RF propagation theory, embedded modem SW, developed a multi-access connectivity terminal with a cloud-based NMS
- This role is subject to ITAR/EAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite and inflight connectivity landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
• We emphasize personal and professional growth
• Awesome benefits including DTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Flexible Work Arrangements and Hybrid Work Policy of 3 days per week in office experience
• Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Job requires ability to lift up to 20 lbs
Apply on company website