Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Your role in helping us shape the future:
The Revenue Accounting Analyst will manage the Company's standard and non-standard revenue recognition and processes in accordance with the Company's revenue recognition policies and the U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for regional revenues. Coordinate SOX functions across departments will also be an important function of this role. Additionally, you will interact with both internal and external auditors to meet auditing requirements.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Assist your management team in ensuring all monthly revenue activities are identified and completed on time in Oracle Subscriptions Management (OSS) and Revenue Management Cloud Service (RMCS) for month end close activities
- Review commercial sales contracts for customer credits, equipment components, prepayments and terms that warrant special accounting treatment as it relates to ASC 606 Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate with Technical Accounting in supporting and verifying revenue recognition treatment of non-standard terms
- Coordinate with other relevant stakeholders to verify timing, delivery, and other revenue bearing parameters associated with non-standard revenue contracts
- Be responsible for managing and maintaining all revenue contracts within OSS and RMCS for your assigned revenue region and ensuring the accuracy along with coordinating the data exchange from other groups/departments as required
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the Oracle Cloud modules and the quote to cash workflow processes and identify areas for system/process/report improvements and create efficiencies while maintaining audit/SOX compliance; help lead system enhancements and initiatives for the Revenue Accounting team
- Manage monthly revenue/backlog upload processes to RMCS/Revenue Cube and generate ad-hoc reports such as customer portfolio analysis
- Prepare documentation for quarterly/ annual audit requests
Can you drive these processes?
- Introduce new Revenue audit/SOX controls or modify existing ones as required for internal/external audits while maintaining and monitoring efficiencies
- Manage revenue region and assist Sales, Deal Management, and others, as it relates to trade AR, revenue, and backlog balances for that region
- Appropriate escalations when you see processes are being circumvented and negotiate corrective action/resolution and/or process modification
You should definitely have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- At least one (1) year of experience in revenue recognition, accounts receivable, and revenue analysis
- A total of 3 years relevant experience in accounting
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and MS Excel
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills that support consistently meeting monthly and quarterly deadlines related to contract bookings, reporting, and other close activities.
- Effective communicator, both written and spoken with strongly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability and desire to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism, and maturity in dealing with and seeking creative solutions to problems
It would be nice if you had:
- Advanced Excel and report writing skills in Business Objects or Tableau
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite and inflight connectivity landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including DTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Flexible work arrangements including 3 days per week in-office hybrid working experience
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Job requires ability to lift up to 20 lbs
Apply on company website