Your role in helping us shape the future:
You are the conductor to the scrum team orchestra, coaching to build a high performing team using process, tools, and techniques. You are a Lean-Agile ninja, committed to data driven relentless improvement with a systems view, working with other SM's and leadership to develop an environment where meaningful self-organization can grow and thrive. You are a Scrum Master serving 2 Development teams within a SAFe community.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Creating an environment that enables a team to excel as a high performing Scrum team.
- People focused serving as a Facilitator, Process Coach/Mentor and is a “mirror” to the team.
- Supporting one or two Agile developments teams within a SAFe environment. This will include supporting all phases of software development from requirements definition through to production rollout as well as quarterly planning sessions for release trains.
- Highly skilled at working with cross functional teams in a matrixed environment with the ability to ensure timely delivery through removal of blockers so that strategic objectives are met.
Can you drive these processes?
- Coaching the team on lean agile principles using data such as flow metrics, velocity to leverage best practices.
- Living and helping others on the team live the values and principles in the agile manifesto.
- Coaching the Team in self-organization and cross-functionality.
- Coaching the team towards consistent estimation and planning cadence to support predictable value delivery.
- Creating a transparent environment that shares observations and promotes a culture of continuous improvement.
- Creating and maintaining strong working agreements for the teams to live by and derive value from.
- Using consensus facilitation techniques to get agreement or alignment.
- Understanding and being able to explain the “why” behind any Scrum process and be open to change.
- Effectively executing all Scrum events daily standups, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings.
- Ensuring team maintains focus on objectives, goals and scope for each Sprint and each Program Increment.
- Communicating and effectively representing the team's technical abilities.
- Supporting program level events within the Agile Release Train, scrum of scrums and release planning activities.
- Tracking progress to plan for all sprints, ensuring data accuracy at all times.
- Removing blockers, tracking and closing dependencies and implementing retrospective items.
- Clearly communicating and escalating issues to program teams and leadership.
- Taking a proactive stance by developing contingency plans for potential risks.
- Supporting backlog grooming with product management.
You should definitely have:
- Min 5 years of experience as scrum master using agile methodology and frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean etc.
- Detailed knowledge of Agile techniques such as: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pair and Mob Programming, Automated Testing.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and has practical problem-solving skills, is a critical thinker, and self-starter
- Superior communications skills with all levels of an organization including coaching and negotiations.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding schedule constraints and distributed teams.
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills and a “value oriented” mindset that focuses on flow.
- Experienced neutral process holder that guides the individual's, team's, or organization's process of discovery, holding to their purpose and definition of success.
- Demonstrated Lean-Agile Practitioner
- Expertise in agile scaling patterns or structures
- Ability to offer the right knowledge, at the right time, taught in the right way, so that individuals, teams and organizations metabolize the knowledge for their best benefit.
- Facilitate, catalyze and (as appropriate) lead organizational change and transformation. Drawing on change management, organization culture, organization development, systems thinking, and other behavioral sciences.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience working as Scrum master within the SAFe framework.
- Experience with Business strategy and management frameworks that employ agile as a competitive business advantage
- Eg Lean Start-Up, product innovation techniques, flow-based business process management approaches, and other techniques that relate to innovating in the business domain
- Experience/Exposure with the following technologies/tools: JIRA, Jama, miro,
- SAFe Agilest certification
- Certified Scrum Master Certification
- Hands-on software development experience, e.g. as a developer, QA, etc.
- Aerospace, Aviation, Wireless Telecommunication experience, Satellite, and/or cellular
- Knowledge of Avionics systems
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
• We emphasize personal and professional growth
• Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
We're Intelsat Inflight, the inflight internet company. We believe the internet should do everything it does on the ground, in the sky. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Apply on company website