Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices with over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace, and passion, enables our customers to power ahead safely.
Intertek's Industry Services team provides technical solutions that help customers maximize operational efficiency, ensure asset reliability, improve quality, and minimize safety risks. Some of our many service areas include inspection, non-destructive and materials testing, technical training, engineering, surveying, QA/QC, and supplier auditing.
The Account Manager will support the Industry Services business by staffing and coordinating all assigned inspection projects contracted though Intertek Asset Integrity Management (AIM). We're looking for somebody with a minimum of 4 years of experience in the refining or petrochemical industry as an inspector, in maintenance, or in a similar position.
- Responsible for strategic plans for key clients including analyzing profit/loss and evaluating competition of major clients accounts.
- Prepare and/or with presentations and conduct regular meetings with senior decision makers of accounts.
- Develop all necessary documents and final proposals/quotes.
- Work with/oversee entire internal operations phases to ensure the complete satisfaction of major clients (scheduling, technical support, resource development, certification, customer service/survey, policies, etc).
- Utilize field technology devices provided by Corporate office (e.g., software, laptop computer, portable printer, fax machine, cellular telephone, pager, etc) to increase efficiency
- Monitor/mediate customer service issues; ensuring client questions/problems are quickly and completely resolved. Utilize all available resources to satisfy customers, and delegate when necessary to appropriate support personnel.
- Follow up personally or using teams on all outstanding proposals. Maintain local proposal tracking system, monitor proposals status, and perform closing calls in a timely fashion. Ensure all closed proposals/signed agreements are within the Company's approved scope of accreditation, and that all signed agreements contain complete information for internal tracking and processing.
- Communicate market and client data to the corporate office (General Manager or Inside sales support) timely, especially problems or opportunities.
- Maintain a thorough, up-to-date record of major client and prospect database.
- Develop programs to penetrate the supplier bases of existing clients to increase sales opportunities (with management).
- Assist Finance department as needed with Accounts Receivable/collection issues.
- Establish and pursue personal growth goals to further sales/industry knowledge and effectiveness. Professional skills development details to be developed with the assistance of the General Manager or Other Upper Management and Human Resources department.
- Maintain awareness of key regional/national sales growth opportunities by expanding existing markets within the zone. Assist the Company in entering these markets.
Value-Added Benefits to Major Clients:
- Ensure follow up and verification of request operations – benchmarking/measurable, etc.
- Assistance to corporate personnel in managing the quality system program
- One point of contact
- Assistance with planning in regard to costs, upgrades, new certifications, transfers, mergers/acquisitions, resource planning, etc.
- Consistent communications with empowered senior management
- Partnership approach
- 5 – 10 years of field sales or equivalent industry experience is required.
- Total experience in selling enterprise solutions to senior level decision makers is required.
- Knowledge of ISO standards and quality management is mandatory.
- Two years or higher education degree/certificate is preferred.
- Improve and maintain business relationships with major clients.
- Ability to lead and/or support sales and program managers with potential large clients RFQ.
- Ability to initiate, negotiate and acquire new business contracts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including public presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of management systems, including design, manufacturing, quality, human resources, finance, sales/marketing, and administration. Experience and confidence to make recommendations to prospects in any of these areas.
- Management skills, customer-service focus, excellent teamwork skills.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefits package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website