Who we are and what we do?
Intertek Catalyst is the world leader in helping companies engage their workforces with highly creative, custom-branded, communication programs. We work with leading hospital systems, retailers, and manufacturers to drive excellence in patient safety, EH&S, sustainability, loss prevention, and operations. Our programs are tailor-made and managed to meet the specific needs of our clients.
Intertek Catalyst is part of the People Assurance business line of Intertek. Intertek's People Assurance solutions are part of Intertek's commitment to Total Quality Assurance, supporting businesses in the continuous evolution of their workforce to maximize employee potential.
This position is located in Guelph, Ontario
What are we looking for?
As the Associate Creative Director, Copy you are a creative thinker with the ability to conceptualize and execute communication programs for clients. You are leader, a mentor, and able to multi-task various client demands while paying attention to the details and providing the utmost quality.
You will be part of a team responsible for the conception, design and production of creative training and awareness materials. Reporting to the Creative Director, this key member of our design studio will work closely with other Designers, Art Directors, Copywriters, Project Managers, and Account Managers.
What you'll do:
- Strategic and conceptual development of client programs - ideate, plan, and create content for awareness campaigns that align with the brand voice
- Evaluate and take direction from creative briefs to solve business problems through conceptual execution
- Present your vision and thinking to colleagues and clients
- Create original copy for a broad range of clients in various sectors
- Contribute to the day-to-day creative copywriting tasks, including proofreading and editing
- Collaborating fully with the assigned members of the Creative, Accounts and Production teams
- Focus on multiple initiatives and be flexible to working in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment
- Mentor and guide members of the Creative team
What you bring to the table:
- 8 years as a writer in an agency/studio setting
- BA degree in English or journalism/related field or equivalent work experience
- Creativity and passion for strategy and concept development
- Superior writing skills, attention to detail, proofreading, and familiarity with basic industry style guide standards a must
- Diverse portfolio of work
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, attention to detail, and ability to deliver on time-sensitive deadlines
- High level of initiative and ability to work well in both a team and individual environment
- Ability to travel outside of Canada to direct on-location video and photo shoots
What's in it for you?
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Apply on company website