Interested in future career opportunities in the Quality Assurance audit and support services industry? We're looking for a remote Part-time Auditor that wants to build something great with an incredible group of people. By joining Intertek, your contributions will be valued as we continue to help the world Build Back Ever Better.
Our Value Proposition - We offer:
- A flexible work schedule & the ability to work from home (less than 30 hours per week)
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for growth (over 100 locations with opportunity for growth/advancement/relocation)
- Employee referral bonuses
What will you be doing?
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices with over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace, and passion, enables our customers to power ahead safely.
This position is responsible for auditing client company's quality systems, documentation and operations to determine compliance with established standards. Will write comprehensive audit reports and perform follow-up audits. May provide consultation and/or training on related quality issues and topics.
- Audit client management systems for compliance with established standards, client, and/or industry requirements, government regulations, and other relevant standards, regulatory requirements for the US and Canada, regulatory requirements related to the relevant industry.
- Audit client company's quality systems for compliance with established standards. Standards may include: ISO9000, AS 9100, AS9110 and AS9120, Third Party Cert Programs, OSHA, Client Company Requirements, Industry Requirements, Governmental Regulations, etc. This list is not exhaustive.
- Assist clients with questions relevant to the audit and/or certification process.
- Review client company's quality system documentation. Address areas of non-conformity.
- Assist in coordinating activities with other assessment team members including audit check sheets.
- Verify and document evidence of compliance and non-compliance. Write comprehensive reports on the audit findings.
- Review audit results with coordinator and other assessment team members. Make presentations to clients and/or certification board concerning audit results when requested.
- May provide consultation and/or training both internally and externally on related quality issues/topics.
- Assist with corrective action requirements that result from the assessment of surveillance audit reports.
- Assist with technical writing and development of programs supporting the company.
- Assist with job costing and margins associated with projects/programs. Knowledge of margins associated with each assigned projects/programs.
- Participate in audit meetings and process.
- Follow rules of conduct and operating procedures as stated in the Intertek Employee Handbook, SC Manual, Safety Manual, and all other sources defining the performance of Intertek employees.
- Comply with internal and external safety rules, including the proper use of safety equipment, as they apply to the job.
- Manage multi-facility clientele programs, organize and oversee the assessment process in regard to assigned multi-facility clientele.
- Act as Lead Auditor or team member.
- Coordinate audit activity with team members.
- Liaison with client regarding audit activity.
- Review client's quality management system documentation.
- Prepare audit report.
- Review audit results with coordinator and other assessment team members. Make presentations to clients and/or certification board concerning audit results, when required.
- Assist with corrective action requirements resulting from assessments.
- Travel will include overnight/multiple days, to various worksites and client locations.
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Five years quality systems experience in a professional capacity. Prefer prior experience performing document reviews and assessing quality systems.
- Prefer Degree in Engineering, Quality, or related technical, manufacturing or industrial management systems or related field. If no Degree than require equivalent in terms of education, training and experience.
- Experience in procedural writing related to quality systems.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of manufacturing systems.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of ISO-9000 or other relevant formalized quality standards systems.
- Possess a valid unrestricted driver's license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle in the performance of the official duties of the position.
- Ability to travel to work sites for varying duration's as job dictates.
- IRCA or RABQS Assessor Certification is a plus.
- CQA, CQE Certification is a plus.
- Successful completion of Lead Auditor training is a plus.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in both verbal and written format.
- Ability to view, read and comprehend a variety of reports and manuals of a technical nature, computer screen, etc.
- Physical dexterity to perform assessment functions which are inherent to the position, such as investigating all areas of client facilities which requires bending/stooping, reaching, climbing, etc.
- Mobility to travel by auto and airplane.
- Ability to be on your feet, walking, for typical full shifts of 6 - 8 hours.
- Exposure to various industrial environments.
- Be in good standings in the Oasis Database
This role requires the ability to:
- Ascend or descend ladders, stairs, ramps, and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized.
- Stand, for sustained periods of time.
- Walk, moving on foot to accomplish tasks and to move from one work location to another.
- Communicate well, thru spoken word, conveying detailed accurate information & instructions to others.
- Hear well, perceiving sounds with or without correction, including the ability to receive information thru oral communications.
- Exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amounts of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing & analyzing data, viewing a computer monitor, reading, report writing, visual inspection, and use of measurement devises.
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary competitively placed within the local market.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.
Apply on company website