Interested in future career opportunities in the product testing industry? We're looking for an Engine Operator for 2nd shift in San Antonio, TX that wants to build something great with an incredible group of people. By joining Intertek, your contributions will be valued as we continue to help the world Build Back Ever Better.
Our Value Proposition - We offer:
- Starting wage is $12.75 per hour plus a shift differential
- Training available, no experience required
- Competitive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Opportunity for growth (over 100 locations with opportunity for growth/advancement/relocation)
- Employee referral bonuses
What you'll do:
The Engine Operator I will support the Transportation Technologies business by operating stationary engine testing apparatus in accordance with comprehensive written test procedures, either manually or by interacting with an automated electronic data acquisition/control system. The standard workload capacity under normal conditions should not exceed 7 engines. We're looking for someone with the ability to work in fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities and demanding deadlines
Schedule: Rotating Shift 3pm-11pm
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manually, or by interacting with an automated electronic data acquisition/control system, operates stationary engine testing apparatus in accordance with comprehensive written test procedures.
- Manually, or with the aid of computerized control system, maintains test parameters within established test procedure limits. Manually records data required. Obtains, labels, and takes required oil samples and/or performs oil adds.
- Responding to computer prompting, or as specified by written test procedures, corrects and records Air/Fuel Ratio, takes and records blow-by readings, and/or carries out any special operating instructions.
- Performs daily lab cleaning duties to ensure orderliness and safety of all work area.
What qualifications do you need?
- Must have a HS Diploma or GED.
- 6+ months automotive experienced desired.
- Must be capable of efficiently operating a standard workload with ability to multi-task.
- Legible handwriting, competency in basic math skills, and ability to follow oral and written instructions required.
- Must be available for overtime assignments on short notice.
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email email@example.com or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.
Apply on company website