Inside Sales Representative
Intertek is actively seeking an Inside Sales Representative to join our Softlines and Hardlines teams in Arlington Heights, Illinois. The ideal Inside Sales Representative candidate will be outgoing, detail-oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for maintaining and growing existing business with retailers and non-retailers to grow year-on-year revenue and market share. This position will also actively participate in the research and development of new areas of business, as well as expand business with existing clients.
- Develops new business opportunities by sourcing new client's opportunities; Identifies potential business partners and negotiates agreements
- Develops and delivers presentations to prospective clients on attributes of Intertek services to support and expand client base.
- Directs, establishes, maintains, and plans the overall procedures and goals for newly acquired accounts
- Collaborate with Marketing to help develop and implement marketing strategies based on client and industry trends, along with surveillance of competitor products sales and marketing activities
- Networks with industry contacts through trade shows and industry associations
- Acts as liaison as needed between Customers and Account Managers and Operations Teams to resolve any business issues
- Responsible for obtaining revenue through focused sales and hunting effort against a list of mutually agreed upon prospects
- Responsible for the completion of RFI's and/or RFP's issued by potential clients
- Writes proposals including costs and timing of projects
- Submits forecasts, activity reports and other analyses required to assess the status of sales efforts, primarily through daily usage of the CRM
- May coordinate and negotiate with the product development, marketing and/or sales group
- Creates and executes strategic account plans in support of target account activity
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field (textiles preferred) or equivalent with extensive business development experience (required)
- Graduate level education (preferred)
- 3+ years of custom market search experience
- Textiles industry experience is preferred
- Demonstrable track record of revenue and profit generation through issues and solutions-based selling in the consumer goods industry
- Knowledge of third-party testing such as testing that relates to CPSC, FTC, AATCC, ASTM preferred
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities and demanding deadlines
- Must be detailed-oriented and able to effectively prioritize and organize workload, with efficient time management skills
- Effective communication skills in verbal, written, and presentation formats
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills; ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated working skillset within MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.
Apply on company website