Intertek is searching for a Mechanical Engineer to join our Asset Integrity Management (AIM) team in our Santa Clara, California office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in Engineering!
The ideal candidate will be responsible for engineering consulting work supporting the energy industry. The role will be to support project teams in the areas of fracture mechanics and related fields.
The work environment is a dynamic team based on project requirements. Each project team is usually led by an industry expert and composed of engineers from various engineering disciplines to perform projects that range from fracture mechanics evaluations, fatigue crack growth, stress corrosion cracking, leak-before-break, flaw tolerance, flaw handbooks, stress analyses.
How you'll make an impact at Intertek:
- Conducts Probabilistic analysis/ Probabilistic Fracture Mechanics (PFM).
- Conducts Fracture mechanics and stress analyses.
- Uses closed form solutions to conduct Crack stress intensity factor calculations.
- Evaluates Crack acceptability, crack growth, and allowable crack size determinations.
- Participates in design and repair projects of pressure vessel/piping components.
- Develops/maintains engineering software.
- Performs and/or technical sales for Level I, II and II fitness for service (FFS) and risk-based analysis on systems to determine required inspection frequencies and service life of equipment with defects.
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Master's or PhD degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical, Nuclear Engineering or similar discipline is required
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) License
- 4+ years' related engineering experience is required
- 8+ years' experience is preferred
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Knowledge of programming
- Linear-elastic and elastic-plastic fracture mechanics course work
- Proficient in writing technical reports and communication skills
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.
Apply on company website