Project Environmental Scientist
PSI, an Intertek company, is searching for Project Environmental Scientist to join our Building & Construction team in our Phoenix, Arizona office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in the environmental, engineering, and construction industry!
What you'll do:
- Support the department on all environmental services including Phase I and II ESAs, UST/LUST assessments, site remediation, soil and groundwater sampling, wetland surveys, and field observation documentation.
- Assist in the development of work scope, report preparation, client coordination and assessment of proper response actions.
- Assist the Project Manager and team in ensuring effective client and regulatory agency communication and regulations. As well as assisting on technical assignments and management of specific elements of the project both in the field and in the office.
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Geology or related field is required
- 4+ years' related experience
- Valid Driver's License and reliable driving record is required
- Must be able to perform tasks in varying field/office conditions
- Must be computer literate and able to operate most field/office equipment relating to one's discipline
- Strong technical proposal and report writing abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Why work at Intertek?
PSI, an Intertek Company, is a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services. We are ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and are able to provide the architectural, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on-site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email email@example.com or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.
Apply on company website