Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The electrical team provides assurance, testing, inspection and certification for a variety of electric products, including appliances, consumer electronics, lighting, medical devices, information communications technology, HVACR, industrial, and energy transmission and distribution. Our dedicated professionals help ensure the quality and safety of electrical products used by people throughout the world.
- Perform EMC testing of a variety of products to verify compliance
- Provide local management with technical assessment of engineering skills and performance levels.
- Responsible for assessing training of the technical staff and development of new training programs.
- Provide on-going support and guidance on technical issues, test procedures, and standards interpretations.
- Provide quotes for a large array of standards and complex projects and products.
- Research new standards, technologies, and trends in standards.
- Assist with issues regarding equipment calibration.
- Develop and communicate test procedures.
- Support accreditations activities such as audit follow-up and corrective actions. Investigate technical complaints. Audit and qualify sites for special Intertek programs.
- Actively review reports for multiple product categories.
- Design new test fixtures and report shells.
- Provide complex sales support such as giving presentations during client visits.
- Provide on-going support to clients as needed.
- Within policy guidelines, identify, properly document, and recommend engineering judgments.
- Recommend and prepare capital expenditure requests and manage capital projects.
- Mentor less senior technical staff.
- Perform other work as required
- Associates degree in engineering or equivalent in terms of experience and training
- 4-6 years directly related EMC experience
- Ability to apply principles of logic or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Ability to deal with non-verbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to make technical decisions and engineering judgments independently where limited standardization exists
- Excellent communication skills, in both verbal and written formats
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Domestic travel 25%
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all new hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website