SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Principal Software Engineer, Full stack
When finance professionals need to do big deals beyond business boundaries, Intralinks is their platform of choice for content distribution and collaboration. We help power financial markets.
When Whole Foods was acquired by Amazon, they turned to Intralinks to provide their due diligence virtual data room. When Ares Management LLC grew their investor base and raised more than $65B of capital they chose Intralinks to support their capital raising and fund reporting needs.
Intralinks needs you. We're already the market-leader and we are still on a growth trajectory. We're investing heavily in R&D to extend our platform and expand our SaaS portfolio. At Intralinks this means a mix of maintaining our flagship offerings with a good dose of pure innovation going into net new offerings. This a great place to be a developer, with lots of growth options and career development opportunities.
Our culture is one of agility. We've adopted Scrum and we need people like you to help examine what we do well and what we don't do so well and identify opportunities to learn and improve. Our teams are self-managed, which means that your input is valued and there are opportunities for trying new tools and technologies to get us there faster. Our technology stack is progressive; CI/CD enables continuous incremental releases.
- Provide technical leadership to a scrum team of 4 to 5 developers
- Work in a cross-functional Scrum team, informing requirements and design and seeing it all through to implemented code in production.
- Work closely with software architects, challenging their decisions and collaborating with them to optimize technical designs.
- Inspect iterative results and propose improvements to technique, tools, and process.
- Take co-ownership of your Definition of Done with your Development Team member peers and be uncompromising on quantifiable code quality.
- Mentor your more junior counterparts—a big part of your success is making others around you better.
- Get to know your customer and empathize with their pain points so that when you solve their problems you share in the satisfaction.
- 10+ years of experience. If you have way more experience than that, all good, we have job tiers that can competitively accommodate your salary expectations. If you don't have much experience, search our job openings for more junior roles.
- Designing & developing highly scalable and performant Enterprise grade application(s) using NodeJS and Java
- Hands of experience with NoSQL databases and caching layers – MongoDB, Cassandra and Redis
- Experience in integrating with the RESTful APIs with JSON and XML payloads
- Experience with JMS frameworks, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ
- An aptitude for designing data models for different flavors (SQL and NoSQL based systems)
- Experience in providing “soft” leadership to technical teams. Ability to provide technical mentoring to more junior development talent.
It would be great if you also:
- Meaningful DevOps experience having deployed via CI/CD, automated configuration management, Docker containers and Kubernetes, Helm
- Experience in developing and troubleshooting cross-platform and cross-browser issues
- Experience with Azure, AWS & Other SaaS cloud-based platforms
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or Helm
“Intralinks is the platform of choice for secure content distribution and collaboration. We continue to invest in new ideas to evolve our company and provide value to our clients. In this role you'll have impact on the business, opportunities for personal and professional growth and create great products along the way.” #WhatLinksUs
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website