IRL EFD Central Core Lab
5361 NW 33rdAvenue, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309
Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Complex Specimen Processor you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join IRL - East FL Core Lab which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
The IRL East Florida Division (EFD) Central Microbiology Laboratorysupports 14 HCA facilities in the East Florida Division as well as multiple HCA hospitals in the FL panhandle, Georgia and South Carolina. In addition, the EFD Central Microbiology Lab supports a large network of outreach clients across south Florida, the US, and several international clients. Our Laboratory is open 24/7 and performs 1M tests annually. At our beautiful state of art laboratory facility we handle all specialized clinical microbiology testing using automatic equipment and molecular instrumentation in a high volume environment. Our clinical microbiologists are highly specialized laboratory professionals that perform different types of tests to help healthcare providers diagnose infectious diseases and perform antibiotic susceptibility testing to help direct clinicians on the best treatment options to prescribe to help cure the infection. Our laboratory facility provides our staff an opportunity to contribute and to be a part of the patient's healthcare team in a meaningful way.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At IRL - East FL Core Lab, we offer an array of benefits for PRN colleagues. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Medical Benefits designed to meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act
- Wellbeing Resources
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- HCA Healthcare Hope Fund
- Disaster Relief Support
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Complex Specimen Processor PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
- Receive of laboratory specimens into the laboratory information system; Process, sort, and prepare specimens for submission to referral laboratories
- Label specimens and aliquots according to established protocols and according to testing ordered
- Centrifuge and aliquots specimens
- Prepare specimens for courier pick-up
- Keep appropriate records/documentation relating to specimen problems and take corrective action to ensure validity and accuracy of testing
- Assess specimen requirements for referral testing and troubleshoot any specimen requirement and/or referral testing specimen or order entry issues
- Review Outstanding Specimen Report (OSR) and pending referral testing issues
- A completed High School Diploma or GED
- A Vocational/Technical diploma is beneficial
- 1-3 years of experience in a market or commercial clinical laboratory setting
- A wide range of experience with patients in all age groups from infancy to geriatrics
Integrated Regional Labsis a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients withtimely diagnostic informationfor patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida, and a network of hospital basedrapid-responselaboratories present in four HCA Healthcare divisions within the state of Florida. Our core laboratories supportmore than 250acute and rehab hospitals, physician practices, surgery centers and commercial accounts.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Complex Specimen Processor PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Apply on company website