DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Social Worker Case Management Department Full-time, Day Shift (Rotating Weekends). 1.0 FTE JFK Medical Center Atlantis, FL Facility Description: Originally named John F. Kennedy Hospital in honor of our nation's 35th president in 1966, JFK Medical Center has since grown into a multi-campus medical center with four Palm Beach County locations. Our main campus is a 558-bed acute care medical and surgical facility known for its comprehensive services including: 24-hour emergency services, cardiovascular care, neurosciences, general, minimally invasive & robotic surgery, orthopedic and spine care, bariatrics, behavioral health and obstetrics. JFK Main is a Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center and a certified Ventricular Assist Device program. We are an American College of Cardiology Chest Pain Center and an American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer accredited Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. We also offer two off-site ERs in Palm Beach Gardens and West Boynton Beach providing the same emergency treatment for adults and children as our hospital-based ER, closer to home. We are located in the City of Atlantis near the coastal cities of Lake Worth and Boynton Beach. Close to the beach, trendy restaurants and shopping malls, there is something for everybody. We invite you to join a dynamic team of top clinical professionals in a fast-paced environment while enjoying the benefits of Palm Beach County living. Benefits: (FT & PT ONLY) We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Aventura Hospital & Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in the performance of assessment, reassessment, and implementation of the patient's discharge plan and follow up care.
- Proactively communicates with the physician and healthcare team to facilitate the plan of care for the patient.
- Completes psychosocial assessment within one day of referral from nurse case manager.
- Documents the social work activity in the electronic medical record per department and organization policy.
- Maintains knowledge of pertinent legal and regulatory compliance requirements and funding for community resources.
- Educates patient/family and staff on the regulations and community resources as needed.
- Assesses, collaborates and coordinates an appropriate discharge plan for the patient. Works with the patient/family and healthcare team to ensure the discharge plan is ready once patient is medically cleared for discharge.
- Complies with departmental policies and procedures related to required processes including but not limited to documentation, interdisciplinary communication, IM delivery, fiscal responsibility, and performance improvement activities as established throughout the year.
- Promotes the most effective and efficient use of resources to achieve the targeted length of stay.
- Participates in the daily unit care coordination meetings as required.
- Accepts referrals from the nurse case manager for follow up on high risk patients e.g. homeless, HIV, DCF, Baker Acts, new diagnosis and difficult transfers, discharge placements.
- Notifies the Case Manager on cases that will need follow up after medical clearance is received, revises the plan if necessary.
- Assumes responsibility for special projects, or assists with administrative functions.
- Masters Degree in Social Work is required
- 1-3 years of experience
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website