DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
We are seeking a hospital-based Laboratory Assistant like you to join our organization.
JFK Medical Center has evolved into a 558-bed acute care medical/surgical facility and healthcare complex specializing in cardiovascular care, neuroscience, oncology services, orthopedics and bariatrics as well as Woman's Services. JFK Medical Center is also a teaching facility for medical residents. Our level of service and team of professionals rank among the best in the nation. Our people possess the perfect combination of professionalism and compassion.
We offer you competitive salary, a generous benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(K), PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.You Will Perform:
- Specimen collection and testing requirements and understand specimen rejection
- Venipunctures and/or finger-sticks on pediatric, neonatal, adults and geriatric patients
- Heel sticks on infants (as patient population requires)
- Specimen collection documentation
- Procedures for patient identification and specimen collection based test orders
- Education to the patient and/or family regarding specimen collection procedures prior to obtaining specimen
- Reviews of the Outstanding Specimen Report (OSR) and pending specimen collections/accessioning issues; take action as appropriate
QualificationsYou Should Have:
- A completed high school diploma or GED
- A vocational/technical diploma
- A phlebotomy certificate is beneficial
- Less than 1 year of experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- Availability to work during disasters
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply today. We promptly review all applications, and are actively interviewing. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website