Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Johnston-Willis Hospital we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Clinical Coordinator Interventional Radiology and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.Benefits
Johnston-Willis Hospital offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Clinical Coordinator Interventional Radiology opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and Qualifications
- Responsible for clinical supervision of the Registered Nurses in the Interventional Radiology Lab.
- Role models professional and clinical leadership in the Interventional Radiology Lab.
- Actively participates in safety and quality initiatives in the Interventional Radiology Lab. Consistently supports continual survey readiness of the Interventional Radiology Lab.
- Demonstrates knowledge of sedation medication, reversal agents and monitoring equipment in accordance with sedation guidelines. Completes a nursing assessment on all patients prior to receiving IV conscious sedation or sedation medication.
- Demonstrate critical care skills by continual evaluation of patient's tolerance to angiographic and interventional procedures and by taking appropriate interventions during the procedure to include medication administration and emergency intervention. Assists with invasive procedures that may require sedation.
- Responsible for patient preparation and equipment setup prior to the invasive procedure. Must coordinate all pertinent pre-admission testing and documentation for the patient prior to the procedure (to include lab results, previous radiographic findings and H&Ps.
- Assists in the care and preparation of interventional patients, competent in sterile technique, able to don sterile gown and gloves, and maintains a sterile field for procedures.
- Maintains optimal function of emergency support equipment and manages administration of medications and controlled drugs throughout the department.
- Coordinates patient scheduling and maintains consistent communication with all nursing units and patient care areas regarding pertinent patient information.
- Provides patient education pre and post procedure.
- Performs all documentation in accordance with JCAHO criteria and nursing standards. Stays abreast of changes in and implementation of nursing policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of department computer systems including, but not limited to, Meditech and PACS.
- Maintains appropriate levels of nursing supplies and assists in annual inventory.
- Completes and maintains education requirements. Assures guidance, orientation, and training of nurses.
- Fulfills On-Call/Callback requirements as determined by department needs.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding employees and patient information according to HIPAA Policy and Procedure.
REQUIRED: Minimum three years of experience as a registered nurse. One year of critical care experience.
PREFERRED: Previous Interventional Radiology nursing experience.
REQUIRED: Graduate of an AMA approved School of Nursing.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (Required or preferred)
Required: Nursing registration with the State of Virginia
Required: ACLS certification
Required: CPR certification
Preferred: PALS certification
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
CJW Medical Center is comprised of Chippenham Hospital and Johnston-Willis Hospital. We have served the greater Richmond Virginia area for over 100 years. Our campuses offer services in orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health, cancer care, and neurology. We have been recognized as a top performer on Key Quality Measures. Our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Coordinator Interventional Radiology opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website