Washington University School of Medicine (WUSOM) in Southern Illinois is seeking an experienced or an ambitious early career hematologist and oncologist to serve as Assistant/Associate Professor Division of Oncology. Reporting to Professor John DiPersio, MD, PhD, Division of Oncology, this is an exciting opportunity to join a nationally renowned group of clinicians and educators who are committed to delivering first in class care.
Through this national recruitment initiative of the growing Siteman Cancer Center Network Collaborative, Washington University will be extending access to their specialized care to the people of Southern Illinois. In partnership with Quorum Health's Heartland Regional Medical Center and Crossroads Community Hospital, this physician will integrate with the disease-specific groups at Washington University to provide the best possible cancer care to the region.
Highlights of the position and area include:
- Appointment with a premier medical school without attached requirements for research and publication.
- General oncology practice building with the full support of Washington University.
- Full faculty appointment.
- Opportunities to get directly involved in clinical trial activity.
- First of a three physician practice with physician two scheduled to start Fall of 2021.
- A competitive salary, excellent benefits package, and University funded malpractice plan.
- Offers family-oriented communities, excellent schools, and affordable housing.
- Easy access to metropolitan amenities in St. Louis, Indianapolis, and Chicago.
Qualifications: Must be board certified / board eligible in Internal Medicine and Hematology/Oncology. Academic record consistent with appointment as an Assistant/Associate Professor rank. Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice medicine in the state of Illinois. Demonstrated administrative and leadership skills. Strong clinical judgement. Excellent skills in interpersonal relationships, collaboration, and exceptional communication skills are essential. 1 year experience preferred but will consider new graduates.
For full consideration: A letter of interest and curriculum vitae should be directed to the executive search firm:
Jordan Search Consultants c/o Adam Rockey by email, [Apply Here] ; by phone, [Click to See Phone]
An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Washington University seeks an exceptionally qualified and diverse faculty; women, minorities, protected veterans, and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Washington University School of Medicine (WUSOM) in Southern Illinois is seeking an experienced or an ambitious early care...
Apply on company website