Job Posting TitleBus Site Monitor
Recruiting Start Date11-30-2021
Recruiting End DateOpen Until Filled
Aloha mai! Mahalo for your interest in Kamehameha Schools. If you are looking for an opportunity to utilize your skills and talents and grow in your profession, while serving and strengthening our Native Hawaiian community, we would love to have you join our ʻohana!Kamehameha Schools is hiring for Bus Site Monitors (Temporary) for our War Memorial Stadium location. This position will monitor traffic flow and provide safety and assistance to our students during drop offs and/or pick-up hours. Typical schedule is Monday - Friday.
- Morning shift may be 6:00am - 8:00am
- Afternoon shift may be 3:00pm - 5:00pm (or by last pick-up)
- Exception of early release on Wednesdays - afternoon shift is 2:00pm - 4:00pm (or by last pick-up)
Promotes respect and understanding of bus site rules and responsibilities.Set-up and breakdown bus sites per designated plan; monitor pedestrian and bus traffic at designated sites and ensures safe vehicular and pedestrian traffic flow; monitors student pick up and drop off and supervise student behavior at sites.
Temporary positions available only when school is in session, less than 20 hours per week, split shifts available morning and afternoon for minimum of two up to five days per week during the regular school year, scheduled outreach programs and summer programs.Essential Responsibilities
Facility Set-Up and Breakdown
- Maintains a clean and healthy environment. Sets up bus sites to direct traffic and delineate bus staging area; include set up of signs, cones, etc. Breakdown and storage of signs, etc. upon completion.
- Coordinates support of parent volunteers at designated sites.
Safety Compliance Oversight
- Creates and maintains a safe haven for students.
- Makes constructive contributions to improve the standards of quality and excellence for bus site safety.
- Monitors and directs traffic per established patterns.
- Ensures safe pedestrian and traffic flow. Notes unsafe behavior, documents, and reports to supervisor.
- Issues notice of warning, suspensions and expulsion of riding privileges if unsafe behavior is habitual.
- Renders first aid to students on an emergency basis as needed.
Student Supervision and Family Relationships
- Practices and promotes respect and understanding of bus site rules and responsibilities.
- Guides students and families to support good practices of stewardship. Nurtures positive connections with students and families.
- Monitors student behavior at bus site and assists driver with maintaining discipline at bus site and on the bus before departure.
- Monitors that student drop off and pick up at designated bus sites are within established KS guidelines.
- Assists students while loading and disembarking the bus in a safe manner.
- Provides compliance reporting services that reinforce healthy values and behaviors and promotes continuous improvement of bus site protocol.
- Utilizes good decision making skills to foster appropriate bus site usage and notes non-compliance of designated pick up and drop off times.
- Coordinates with supervisor, solutions grounded in traditional knowledge and practices to address current problems and situations.
Minimum Qualifications - An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the requirements listed.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of ix months of related work experience.
- CPR and First Aid Certified or ability to become certified within agreed upon timeline upon hire (training and certification will be provided by the school).
- Ability to complete in-service training in Hawaii State Department of Transportation regulations, KS policies and procedures, safety and first aid, bus evacuation procedures and other related subjects.
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of the students and communicate effectively with parents, bus drivers, staff and other program workers.
- Ability to read, apply, and explain rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to provide positive role modeling to students.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including split shifts.
- Previous experience supervising students.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity with Hawaiian culture and Christian values.
- Frequently stands and/or walks, write by hand, and lift and/or carry, push and/or pull objects that weigh up to 20 pounds.
- At times, twist, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, climb, reach or work above shoulder, or grasp forcefully.
- Work is conducted outdoors and may require work to be conducted in non-standard workplaces.
- Work schedule (varies depending on bus site location): 1) 6:00 a.m.-7:00 a.m. or 2) 2:45 p.m.-5:45 p.m. Ability to work a minimum of one of these bus drop off & pick up sites.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com or 808-534-8040 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Primary LocationMaui Campus
City, StateMakawao, Hawaii
Apply on company website