Great opportunity for a Foundation Accounting Specialist in the Orlando, FL area!
Responsible for providing accounting, analysis, and reconciliation services relating to the Foundation general ledger accounting and other accounting related functions. Performs a range of general clerical, accounting and bookkeeping support functions Foundation-wide.
Essential Job Functions
- Acts as liaison for Foundation Accounting in matters with other college departments, fielding and responding to inquiries relating to general ledger entries.
- Assists in the preparation of periodic financial reports, the Foundation's annual financial report, and the Foundation's annual Federal Form 990.
- Maintains proper and necessary accounting records as needed. Responsible for following proper audit procedures and prepares schedules for auditors.
- Reconciles accounts in a timely manner.
- Oversees the accounts payable process and makes recommendations for related policies and procedures.
- Works with business office and financial aid staff in the reconciliation of various accounts, including but not limited to scholarships, faculty chairs, and various academic program support funds.\
- Checks, verifies and processes invoices.
- Reviews, analyzes, and reconciles tax information in the accounting records. Enters journal entries into accounting records for each tax return.
- Maintains bank reconciliations and other related accounting files; determines storage and retention needs in compliance with state statutes and college policy.
- Completes month end closing procedures and coordinates with other staff to ensure accurate and timely closing of accounting periods.
- Prepares related spreadsheets and reports to support the Foundation's financial reporting requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate's degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred with emphasis in accounting or business.
Progressively responsible accounting experience, which demonstrates an understanding of accounting/bookkeeping principles and practices. Understanding of non-profit accounting.
A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
Knowledge of computerized accounting practices and procedures.
Skill in the use of personal computers and other accounting related software / MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel - A Must)
Skill in effectively communicating orally and in writing demonstrate the ability to accurately and thoroughly
JOB SALARY: $15.50/HR
JOB DETAILS: FULL-TIME
POSITION: CONTRACT TO HIRE / COMPETITIVE BENEFITS (iNCLUDING VACATION/PTO) / MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISIONAPPLY NOW!
With Kelly, accounting and finance professionals like you will have access to some of the world's most respected companies—providing you with challenging, high-visibility projects that can transform your career. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 5,500 finance and accounting professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website