Substitute Food Service Worker, Appling County School District
Nutrition and food service workers are essential to local schools and student learning. Start a great job that allows you to give kids a healthy start to their day!
Why become a substitute food service worker?
- Ensure kids receive nutritious meals to help them move, think, and learn.
- Feel good about the work you do, and service you provide, to kids in your own community.
- Earn steady income through a variety of short- and long-term substitute positions available.
- Enjoy a flexible schedule and work-life balance.
In the absence of a full-time food service worker, the Kelly Education substitute food service worker assists in providing food service preparation and services to students, along with other related kitchen duties, under the direction and supervision of the school district's full-time professional staff.
- Assist with prep work and cooking of nutritionally balanced meals.
- Properly weigh and measure ingredients and portions.
- Carry pots, pans, utensils, and trays of food to and from workstations, stove, and refrigerator, in accordance with school district safety standards.
- Follow all proper food safety and storage rules.
- Operate all mechanical kitchen equipment correctly and safely.
- Clean work areas, equipment, and utensils, and follow all established sanitation procedures.
- Serve students in a friendly, efficient manner.
- Dress in a safe and appropriate manner as described in the Kelly Education Standards of Professional Conduct.
- Assist with money and meal accountability.
- Follow sign-in and sign-out procedures as determined by the school district personnel.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Highschool Diploma or GED
- Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with school district staff
- Ability to positively relate to a younger generation of students
- Ability to withstand frequent walking, standing, stooping, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
Perks you'll enjoy as a substitute food service worker:
- Paid orientation on district policies and procedures so you understand the culture and requirements of the school district
- Weekly pay
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage, for eligible employees
- Group insurance options*
- Ability to create a work schedule that works for you
- Ability to select your preferred school locations
*Offered and administered by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly.
- Apply now!
- If you meet the minimum requirements, you'll receive a response to your application within 48-72 hours.
- Share this job. Know someone who would make a great substitute food service worker? We're always looking for new people to join us!
Our commitment to you:
Kelly® Education is committed to our substitute employees working in safe environments. Kelly Education operates under the collective guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state officials, and school district administration, and we ensure our employees are adequately protected by school district policies and procedures.
As part of our promise to talent, Kelly supports those who work with us through a variety of benefits, perks, and work-related resources. Kelly offers eligible employees voluntary benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, term life, whole life, accident insurance, critical illness, a legal plan, and short-term disability. As a Kelly employee, you will have access to a retirement savings plan, service bonus and holiday pay plans (earn up to eight paid holidays per benefit year), and a transit spending account. In addition, employees are entitled to earn paid sick leave under the applicable state or local plan. Click here for more information on benefits and perks that may be available to you as a member of the Kelly Talent Community.
Why Kelly® Education?Looking for meaningful work that enriches the lives of students? At Kelly Education, we connect passionate people with great jobs in K-12 public schools, PreK and early childhood centers, and higher education institutions. Whether you're looking to work a few days a week or every day, want to work in a teaching or non-teaching role—we'll connect you with flexible work you can feel good about. Even if you're new to the education field, our thorough training and orientation will prepare you to be successful.
About KellyWork changes everything. And at Kelly, we're obsessed with where it can take you. To us, it's about more than simply accepting your next job opportunity. It's the fuel that powers every next step of your life. It's the ripple effect that changes and improves everything for your family, your community, and the world. Which is why, here at Kelly, we are dedicated to providing you with limitless opportunities to enrich your life—just ask the 300,000 people we employ each year.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.
Apply on company website