Associate Scientist - Cell Culture
Kelly Scientific has an excellent contract position for a Chemical Inventory Technician in Collegeville, PA. This position will work day shift on an 8-month contract basis with some potential to become permanent.
The Associate Scientist is responsible for the accurate execution of laboratory experiments and contribution to the design of scientific procedures. This position is expected to aid in the development of scientific discovery and support Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) for the customer. An Associate Scientist may setup and conduct experiments, manage laboratory equipment, or follow other protocols under the direction of a laboratory services manager, researcher, or scientist.
- Performing cell culturing activities, including, but not limited to, freezing, thawing, feeding, passaging and harvesting of mammalian cells
- Perform routine qualitative and quantitative laboratory procedures following all safety protocols and GLP
- Prepare experiments and samples for analyses
- Analyze and accurately report results, in a timely manner, to contribute to scientific meetings and project outcomes
- Operation and routine maintenance of laboratory instruments and troubleshooting procedures in accordance with established SOP
- Accurately documents all procedures following customer requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree in biology, biochemistry or related field with 2-3 years direct laboratory experience
- MS degree in biology, biochemistry or related field with 1-2 years direct laboratory experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience performing cell culturing activities, including freezing, thawing, feeding, passaging and harvesting of cells required
- Experience with mammalian cell and tissue cultures required
- Expertise in aseptic laboratory techniques required
- Familiarity with automated platforms and robotic-assisted assays highly preferred
- Knowledge of use of glove boxes preferred
- Working knowledge of experimental laboratory instruments and scientific products
- Experience with safe laboratory practices and procedures
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website