Kelly Services is currently seeking an Associate Scientist for a 6 month temp-to-permanent opportunity in Pennington, NJ.
The Contract, Associate Scientist, Analytical Development - Gene Therapy is responsible for assay development, data analysis, communicating results, and working within an integrated team.
Assays will include, but not limited to, qPCR, cell-based and immunoassays, in the support of the gene therapy analytical development organization.
The incumbent works cross-functionally with internal departments and external resources as necessary on gene therapy-related development activities.
Supports adherence to relevant regulatory requirements and company Standard Operating Procedures SOPs as appropriate.
- Performs product characterization related assays in support of the characterization, method development/optimization, methods transfer, and analytical support for gene therapy product process development and manufacturing. These include, but may not be limited to qPCR, cell-based assay, and immunoassays
- Generates, reports, and archives assay data.
- Assists the gene therapy process development team in the analysis and interpretation of assay results.
- Support the analytical and process development groups daily operational needs by maintaining assay cell lines, controls, standards, and reagent inventories.
- Applies relevant scientific principles and techniques to analytical development problems.
- Maintains detailed, up to date, and witnessed electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Executes experiments as directed by the supervisor and communicates results as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Masters degree or PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or a related life science discipline and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in biology, biochemistry, virology, cell biology or recombinant AAV vectors.
- Demonstrated competency with cell and molecular biology laboratory techniques.
- Possesses knowledge of scientific principles and concepts and keeps current with relevant scientific literature.
- Demonstrated cell culture experience.
- Familiarity with ELISAs.
- Demonstrated experience performing qPCR.
- Demonstrated ability to write and document SOPs and protocols for experimental procedures.
- Demonstrated experience applying sound scientific judgement in experimental decision making.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Effective verbal and written communication and skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in fast-paced, matrixed team environments consisting of internal and external team members.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
- Prior experience with the characterization of viral vectors and rAAV.
- Prior experience with ddPCR.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume in a WORD document to email@example.com
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website