Chemist I – St Paul, MN
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking candidates for Chemist for one of our top clients in St Paul, MN. This is a 12-month contract position. Shift: Monday – Friday: 8am – 5pm
Overview: Gain laboratory experience in a Fortune 500 company on a 7 member R D team that works on procurement driven projects to deliver cost savings, supply security, and growth in a fast paced team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
- The main function of this chemist is to prepare stability samples and conduct product stability using qualitative and quantitative procedures in the laboratory.
- Chemist responsibilities include performing routine quality control analysis and observations along with testing product performance.
- The successful candidate will work independently, alongside other chemists in the lab and under the direction of senior chemists.
- On the job training will be provided in safety, running stability and performance testing, pH, viscosity, specific gravity, and related testing, lab quality standards, and systems.
- Safely conduct laboratory functions. Making lab samples and performing tests on them, including scanning samples on colorimeter
- Compile test information and results, which are documented in a laboratory notebook and Microsoft Excel.
- Taking direction from multiple team members.
- Confer with scientists to conduct analyses.
- Managing samples in the lab.
- Bachelor s degree in chemistry or biochemistry required.
- 0-2 years' experience required.
- Experience in preparing and transferring chemical samples.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Excellent time management and flexibility.
- Basic ability to work independently and as a key team contributor
- Management of hundreds of samples concurrently
- Excellent oral and written communication
Apply online, or send your updated resume and availability for a phone screen to KOMD229@KellyScientific.com for immediate consideration!
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest-regarded scientific organizations— providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website